What's new

ugly fatboy

Took a chance on a "Fatboy" I came across. It arrived today and it is even uglier than the picture shows
$IMG_20140109_165157.jpg
Paided more than I wanted to but with the prices on these going up I thought I would take a chance. I'll clean it up later and post a pic when I'm done.

Last edited:
In all actuality it doesn't look in that bad of shape. I think a two hour soak in scrubbing bubbles and a old tooth brush would get it to 90%. Is it a rebuild able model?

Yea I will be very curious to see the "after" pics. I bet it will clean up well. If not, you can always replate….

- Badger Bill

I agree with those above me. It doesn't look to be in all that bad of shape. Provided the doors close tightly and smoothly and the bars are even, that could clean up to be a great user.

Soaking as we speak. The doors and TTO are fine (TTO is stiff) The adjuster feels gritty but it does click. It is just so filthy, I can't even tell the condition of the plating.

Surprising how nicely old razors clean up. The plating was top shelf in the way back years.

Yours looks NICE!!!

There is still some crud in the little grooves of the handle. I have tried a tooth brush but they are stubborn. Any tips?
$SAM_0083.jpg

I used to smear hand GOOP on the real ugly ones and let it sit 24 hrs. The GOOP goes on white but turns clear and runs off over night taking the crud with it. Then dish soap and a toothbrush. Put on you sun glasses before turning up the lights cause it with twinkle.

Dental picks with foam or rubber, or a WaterPik would be my vote for getting stuff out of tiny nooks and crannies.

An oxyacetylene torch would also most likely remove any remaining crud. It will also remove the razor. I do not recommend this particular technique.

A very light abrasive polish like Peek or Maas applied with a toothbrush will bring that up a treat. Just work it in gently with an old toothbrush & leave for a few minutes, then buff it off with a microfibre cloth.
Go gently & it should come up like new.

Dental picks with foam or rubber, or a WaterPik would be my vote for getting stuff out of tiny nooks and crannies.

An oxyacetylene torch would also most likely remove any remaining crud. It will also remove the razor. I do not recommend this particular technique.

:thumbup:

Top Bottom