What's new

Ugly cars, I mean really ugly cars

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The Packard Hawk. A car with headgear to remedy its underbite.

$packard-hawk-01.jpg

Back in the late 70's my neighbor had 2 cars, an AMC Pacer and a Ford Maverick. The AMC won the ugly contest by a nose. He got rid of those cars by the mid 80's and replaced them with a Dodge Omni and a Plymouth Horizon. Poor SOB. Eventually the Omni died so he got a Chrysler K car. Some people just like to punish themselves I guess.

Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is ugliness. I agree with many of the choices here. Funny about the Cube. My wife owns a 2010 model. Solid as a rock reliable. And she gets nothing but compliments on it from a variety of people. I don't get it and it is her car so uh...anyway, she is a drive first, worry about looks later. It was the first or second thing she drove when looking at a car. She's not into cars. I told her it would look cool with a surfboard rack on top.

Now some of the cars mentioned are true abominations. Pontiac Aztec was designed by someone drunk I suspect. I would add the current Nissan Juke is a Joke. I cannot decide if it looks like a crouching insect or a frog waiting to jump in the water. Truly bizarre looking car.

Some of the early 60's Plymouth and Chrysler cars were pretty weird looking too.

The Packard Hawk. A car with headgear to remedy its underbite.

View attachment 596353

You know, with the jutting long oval front end/grille treatment it almost looks like a flathead catfish. If they would have brought the headlight bezels and grille closer to the same plane this car would have been one of those "you remember those way cool looking cars Packard made" sort of thing.

Some of these cars cannot be unseen.

Actually, I admire the guts it takes to put one of these out-and-out monstrosities on the road.

Last edited:
Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So is ugliness. I agree with many of the choices here. Funny about the Cube. My wife owns a 2010 model. Solid as a rock reliable. And she gets nothing but compliments on it from a variety of people. I don't get it and it is her car so uh...anyway, she is a drive first, worry about looks later. It was the first or second thing she drove when looking at a car. She's not into cars. I told her it would look cool with a surfboard rack on top.

Now some of the cars mentioned are true abominations. Pontiac Aztec was designed by someone drunk I suspect. I would add the current Nissan Juke is a Joke. I cannot decide if it looks like a crouching insect or a frog waiting to jump in the water. Truly bizarre looking car.

Some of the early 60's Plymouth and Chrysler cars were pretty weird looking too.

I almost purchased the 2015 version last year, but I'm a single guy and decided on a different car. My friend used this car as his company vehicle last year and we are both big guys 300lbs. He let me test drive it for a couple blocks and I liked that it was very spacious and it did not waste a lot of gas. I figured I'd be by myself in the car most of the time so I got a sporty car instead. I got a Dodge Dart GT instead. But several of my female coworkers have one of these and they like it a lot.

The Toyota Van introduced in 1984

An extremely sharp front slope, bus-like windows, and some gag-inducing paint jobs made the Toyota Van an eyesore for the ages. What's more, all four wheels are pushed toward the vehicle's center, implying a seesaw-like imbalance.

Funny thing about this van is this was the car I drove in college and I definitely didn't pick up any women on this. My parents gave me this car so I couldn't complain.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440586064.529972.jpg

I've always thought the French hold the candle when it comes to ugly. Peugeot was mentioned but I think Citroens were worse. Renaults were maybe the least ugly.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
You know, with the jutting long oval front end/grille treatment it almost looks like a flathead catfish. If they would have brought the headlight bezels and grille closer to the same plane this car would have been one of those "you remember those way cool looking cars Packard made" sort of thing.
I had that same catfish thought after I'd posted it up. I wonder what the designers were thinking?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
The first Subaru imported into The U.S. The 360, I think. The car that made the Beetle look like a runway model. I always thought it looked like a pregnant rollerskate
proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom