What's new

UFC ... whom should Hkhkabib Nurgammubmohv fight next?

Who should Hkhabib's next opponent be?

• Conor again ... make money!

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Ferguson ... the legit #1 challenger in that division

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • GSP ... find the right weight and see if he can un-GOAT Georges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mayweather ... hey, Conor did it, and I just beat Conor!

• The Law, and the law wins.

• Total voters

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Well, he disposed of Conor well enough. Who's next?

proxy.php

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Why not Conor again? It’s all become a money grab it seems. Imagine the dough involved in that one after all that has transpired.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Is TUF still a show? Him and Conor on TUF would be cool. I wouldn’t watch, but the antics would be entertaining

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Geezz. Those days it was legit ultimate fighting. I remember watching it when there were no rules. Like...maybe the only rule was don’t aim for the jewels. Barely any weight classes. My older brothers would rent the VHS tapes. VHS!! It was very taboo back then

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Geezz. Those days it was legit ultimate fighting. I remember watching it when there were no rules. Like...maybe the only rule was don’t aim for the jewels. Barely any weight classes. My older brothers would rent the VHS tapes. VHS!! It was very taboo back then

Two rules. No biting and no eye gouging. Sorry about your future children lol. No rounds and no time limits.

Those guys were tough. I watched every fight for the first 15 years. During those 15 years there was one fighter that refused to tap out. Knocking him out was the only way he'd stop fighting if he was still able to fight lol, Oleg Taktarov.

Royce Gracie was an awesome fighter. Like a snake. As soon as he grabbed his opponent the end was inevitable. The longer the fight lasted the tighter he'd wrap himself around them until he made them tap out.

Remco Pardoel was another highly skilled fighter. The only way Gracie could get him to tap was to choke him with the collar of his own Gi.

Gerard Gordeau in the UFC 1 highlight vid below, when he knocked out Teila Tuli literally kicked his teeth out. Four teeth went into the crowd and he broke his foot and still fought to the final.

A few of us went to see UFC 7 in Buffalo. Paul "The Polar Bear" Varelans" Vs Marco Ruas, a Gracie fighter. Ruas kicked Varelans leg so much it was purple and he couldnt even stand on it. Before he was finished he got Ruas in a body hold and Ruas stomped his toes so hard with the heel of his foot his little toe burst. We were in the stands and could even see it.

The UFC isnt like that anymore.

Yeah. I've found myself thinking and saying that a lot lately lol.
Same.

I've missed so many events since zuffa sold to wme. And when they let goldberg go (huge mistake in my opinion).

I think the obvious choice is Ferguson. Conor is out there promoting the hell outta his whiskey. Even though i never liked him. I can't blame the guy for stacking that cash.

But even if the rematch will make crazy money. He doesn't deserve it. Specially not after that beatdown.

Hopefully khabib/Ferguson will move . things towards actual contenders getting title shots.

Legion

Staff member
I think Conors career can not stand another high profile loss. They will set him up to fight someone easier than Khabib next time, probably someone who likes to fight standing up.

I think Conors career can not stand another high profile loss. They will set him up to fight someone easier than Khabib next time, probably someone who likes to fight standing up.
If the UFC wants conor to get a win, they better get him someone with a weak chin. Because he doesn't have one punch KO power at 155. These guys are either the same size as him or bigger that can take his punches. He tko'd alvarez at 155, but he took one and a half rounds to do it. Pair that up with his terrible cardio, and he's gonna have a very tough time beating the top 5 at 155lbs even with the ones that like to stand up.

Top Bottom