What's new

uber lather?

just tried my first mixing of mr taylors and a low end soap from my pharmacy ...the result was a close shave no irritation at all...but my blade skipped a little and i cut my lip for the first time ever what is a proper ratio between soap and cream or do i just need to experement.

Experimentation is half the fun of uberlather. Try adding a few drops of glycerine, it can be found at most pharmacies, and could help add some slickness.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Experimentation is half the fun of uberlather. Try adding a few drops of glycerine, it can be found at most pharmacies, and could help add some slickness.
Brian:
1 + and agree with you 100%. :thumbup:

Purethrive:
You can find glycerine at most CVS's. :biggrin1:

Christopher
proxy.php

I am a BIG uberlather fan and do it every day - except when I travel. I load up the brush with soap almost to the extent that I would if I were using only a soap. And then I add a pea size amount of cream + glycerin.

For the guys that uberlather, do you prefer to use an unscented cream/soap with a scented cream/soap, similar scents of both cream and soap or a mash-up of two different scents? Obviously a personal preference question, but I am curious. I generally just add some glycerin to my soap lather because I haven't picked up a cream yet but once I get one I plan on trying out an uberlather.

I'll go along with trying different combo's in the mixing of your lather. You'll have to find the right mix that suits you best. Just take your time when doing the shave and you should be fine. :thumbup1:

For the guys that uberlather, do you prefer to use an unscented cream/soap with a scented cream/soap, similar scents of both cream and soap or a mash-up of two different scents? Obviously a personal preference question, but I am curious. I generally just add some glycerin to my soap lather because I haven't picked up a cream yet but once I get one I plan on trying out an uberlather.

Here are the soaps I am currently using in my uberlather rotation:
  • MWF
  • theshave dens iced menthol
  • Mama Bears Unscented
  • Cella

The creams I used interchangeably with all of the above soaps that I am currently using:
  • Proraso
  • Acca Kappa 1869
  • Godrej DeLuxe
  • Godrej Menthol
  • Palmolive
  • TOBS almond
  • Gillette Lime

I keep trying to find glycerine, but all I ever see are suppositories :tongue_sm

Where should I be looking?

CVS has it in the aisle with other skin cleansers and conditioners. In my store it was right next to the makeup aisle. It's a small clear plastic bottle.

Top Bottom