What's new

U.S. Air Force Veterans - Rank / AFSC

1969-1976 Webb AFB Instrument Trainer Flight Instructor / Chanute AFB Instrument Trainer *Spe......t (repair of flight simulators) dischard as a Sgt

*"spe......t" keyboard is acting funny 3 edits and it's still not right LOL

Last edited:
1966-1970

Clark Air Base, Philippines

Suwon ROC Air Base, Korea

Templehof Central Airport, Berlin, Germany

AFSC 81150, Security Police Sgt. :thumbup1:

1976-1980 Ground Radio Communications Equipment Repairman 30454
Lackland AFB - BMTS
Keesler AFB - Tech School
Griffiss AFB - Permanent base
DEW Line (Foxe Basin) - TDY
Pentagon - TDY
Pease AFB - TDY
DEW Line (Dye Main) - TDY
Davidsonville Trannsmitter Site (MD) - TDY

Last edited:
April 1966 - January 1970 E-5 (Staff Sergeant)
AFSC 67153 Accounting & Finance Disbursement Spe......t
04/66 - 05/66 Lackland AFB - Basic Training
05/66 - 08/66 Sheppard AFB - Accounting & Finance Tech School
08/66 - 09/68 Amarillo AFB
09/68 - 01/70 Lackland AFB

All of which was preparation for going back to college, getting a couple of degrees, and becoming a CPA!

I was in the NYANG from 1963-1969. Can't remember my AFSC; think it was 902XX-XXXX something; pretty sure that it was hyphenated because I was on flying status. Was a med tech, trained to fly as part of an air evac crew. Was on active duty (training) at Lackland/basic, Gunter/tech school, Andrews/hospital duty and McGuire/flight training. Because of my AFSC, I didn't always do "summer camp" with my Guard unit, but was sent on active duty with the regular Air Force. Flew air evac missions out of Rhine Main and whatever the domestic air evac hub was in St. Louis. Discharged as a SSgt.

Dec 68, basic at Lackland, then two months OT hold then on to OTS, graduating June 30. The last of the bunch to have 3 service numbers, enlisted, officer then one day after OTS everything changed to SSAN.

Weapons controller school at Tyndall AFB, then on to McCoy AFB at Orlando for airborne early warning and control. Funny thing was that I had allergies so bad that it disqualified me from that career field, 1741, and had been addressed while I was in OTS.

I was in limbo for a number of months so being a registered pharmacist, was unoffically detached to the dispensary. I got to know my commander and his exec officer quite well during that time, helping them with their meds and flying model airplanes with them .

They finally helped me to get an appointment to the medical field where I remained fore ten years before seperating from the service.

In the meantime, a few years as pharmacy officer at RobinsAFB, Ga where I met my wife, then we went to Izmir, Turkey for a couple of years, then back to Eglin AFB for about 5 years, where my son was born, before seperating.

I did not know but they kept me on a reserve status where I was subject to recall. In 1990 I rejoined the active reserve and quickly discovered that I was a Captain with over 10 years for pay purposes.

Got back in the spring of 91, and quickly got promotion to Major, back dated . Accounting sent me a check for back pay and I did some comutations and figured it was about half what it should have been so went in, presented my information and quickly got the remainder.

Stayed, went to a few schools, C4, up at McGuire AFB/FT Dix, then had to seperate because I reached the 27 year mark for pay, To have stayed on I would have had to make full Col and there was just not time for that.

All in all it was fun.

1966-70
Lackland AFB, TX
Goodfellow AFB, TX
Glasgow AFB, MT
Beale AFB, CA
TDY 3 times Kadena AB, OK
64750 Supply
E-4

1971-2001 DOD USAF

Joined the Air Force in March or April of 1983, was sent directly to Moody AFB, Ga and told simply to "go to work". In 1989, got orders to Kunsan AB, ROK. After a year, was PCS'd to Cannon AFB, NM (USA) and in 1999 retired.

My AFSC was 2A676, Aircraft Electro-Environmental Systems. Basically an electrician with a minor in A/C and pressurization.

Wondering why no basic? Took boot camp in the United States Marine Corps in 1977 and spent 3 1/2 years working on Marine aircraft. Out for a couple of years, there were no jobs, so I ended up in the Air Force. Hey, I was HUNGRY...

2010-2016/20/24 or 2030

Originally 1W0X1- Weather Forecaster but didn't quite make it through the school.
Currently a 2R151- Maintenance Management Production. In short I schedule stuff.

Seymour Johnson AFB May 2011- please god not much longer.
A1C- E3

SSGT---2T370 Vehicle and Equipment Maintenance Technician (Grease Monkey)

Barksdale, Korea, Eglin, Iraq once, Afghanistan 3 times (I like to refer to it as my home station, they just deploy me back to Eglin ever so often for R&R!) I am currently in Afghanistan after a 5 month "deployment" back to Eglin. I came back from Iraq and here I am 5 months later in Afghanistan!

Last edited:
Top Bottom