What's new

Type-F

Hi all, here is my latest acquisition. I was just watching it and got a reminder 1 minute before it was sold so I waited, popped in a not much higher than current bid, in hopes of getting if reasonably. The bid went through as less that my max and I won. I was shocked and obviously pleased. This is going to get a blade, and used at least once. After that, most likely its going on to my razor display in my office with all it's buddies. I'll go grab it if I ever want to use it. I'll post when it arrives!
type-f-1.jpg
Type-f-2.jpg

Thanks, I've been chasing one of these for months if not longer, but they were always so expensive. I saw some go for north of $300 at one point.

If you don’t mind telling us, how much did you have to pay for it? I’ve been trying to find the black case for mine but no luck. With many of these, including mine, you have to slowly insert the blade as you push back on the sharp edge of the blade with a toothpick or your fingernail to keep the blade stops from dulling the blade as it’s loading. Hope yours doesn’t do that, but many of them do

If you don’t mind telling us, how much did you have to pay for it? I’ve been trying to find the black case for mine but no luck. With many of these, including mine, you have to slowly insert the blade as you push back on the sharp edge of the blade with a toothpick or your fingernail to keep the blade stops from dulling the blade as it’s loading. Hope yours doesn’t do that, but many of them do

Keep your eyes open on EBay. I was able to get the case for mine and several other cases in a lot. An empty case lot. If I remember I paid $20 plus shipping for 8 different cases.

I have seen them a couple of times. None in the past year though.

Keep your eyes open on EBay. I was able to get the case for mine and several other cases in a lot. An empty case lot. If I remember I paid $20 plus shipping for 8 different cases.

I have seen them a couple of times. None in the past year though.

Sorry I missed that one! :) I haven't had any luck finding that black one yet, have to keep watching!

Sorry I missed that one! :) I haven't had any luck finding that black one yet, have to keep watching!
Funny I saw 2 cases like that within a month of each. Thing is the material that the cases are made from. Shrink and deform. I could put the razor on it’s spot after a bit of heating and stretching. But could never get it to close. That was fine as it displayed nicely.

Funny it was the best looking razor I have owned. Unfortunately the shave was always lackluster for me.

I traded it for an EverReady 1909. Best thing I ever did. That turned out to be my favorite shaving razor.

I found a case for mine with an E3 in it for little money. The case is in nice shape but with the usual warping. The razor fits and displays nicely in the open case but the case will not close with the razor inside.

I was quite surprised how smooth this razor is. It's not nearly as aggressive feeling as my E's or even some of my G's. It's also not as efficient to be honest. It took a little more cleanup than the E & G do. Since it is so smooth it didn't cause any irritation from the extra cleanup. I had a nice BBS with just a little more effort. It was sill very enjoyable. If I was keeping razors just on how they shave instead of for my collection this would be moved on as it's pretty expensive and a little less efficient . That being said I am a collector and it's gorgeous, and fits in my collection beautifully.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I was quite surprised how smooth this razor is. It's not nearly as aggressive feeling as my E's or even some of my G's. It's also not as efficient to be honest. It took a little more cleanup than the E & G do. Since it is so smooth it didn't cause any irritation from the extra cleanup. I had a nice BBS with just a little more effort. It was sill very enjoyable. If I was keeping razors just on how they shave instead of for my collection this would be moved on as it's pretty expensive and a little less efficient . That being said I am a collector and it's gorgeous, and fits in my collection beautifully.
This mirrors my experience with mine as well. I love the way it looks, and I was fortunate that it came with a case with minimal warping....I was also fortunate that it came in a lot of razors and the listing was done by a person with absolutely zero understanding of what it was -- just one more razor in a lot of stuff they probably got at estate or a garage sale.

But back to the shave, my E3 is the most efficient out of the letters I have (which are A through H, and K through O-clone). I've got a couple of E2's, but the E3 still beats them efficiency-wise (IMO). I find all of the Schick's to be mild-feeling, especially since I'm comparing them to Lather Catchers. My A, C1, D & F are my favorites in the "looks" department; but I can't say that those 4 shave appreciably different to me....but I'm the guy that reads the wine bottle that say "hints of chocolate and berries" and then drinks it and says, "where's the chocolate and berries????" -- basically my "palate" (whether it's wine or shaving) is just too unrefined and unsophisticated.

Top Bottom