What's new

Type E2 where have you been all my life?!?

Like any razor that I have acquired, the best shaves come after several uses where I develop the muscle memory and learn how to make them more effective. For me, this is why I think this hobby is so fun and interesting.
It is fun and interesting. I never have thought that one day I’d consider shaving as a hobby but there’s so many different types of razors to try (not to mention the consumables), and many of them are very appealing visually. It’s no stranger than collecting knives or guns I suppose...or watches, stamps...etc.

I bought an E2 from a shop on Etsy so I’ll be able to compare it with the E type I already have when it gets here. I wasn’t going to buy any more razors for a while but it was quite cheap and looked in nice condition. :) By the time it gets here I’ll have finished my week with the PAA BOCS so I’ll be ready to give it the attention it deserves.

It is fun and interesting. I never have thought that one day I’d consider shaving as a hobby but there’s so many different types of razors to try (not to mention the consumables), and many of them are very appealing visually. It’s no stranger than collecting knives or guns I suppose...or watches, stamps...etc.

I bought an E2 from a shop on Etsy so I’ll be able to compare it with the E type I already have when it gets here. I wasn’t going to buy any more razors for a while but it was quite cheap and looked in nice condition. :) By the time it gets here I’ll have finished my week with the PAA BOCS so I’ll be ready to give it the attention it deserves.

I'll interested in your comparison of your two E type. With my first one I was not impressed until I got number 2 and discovered the part attached to the handle had been bent. Once I got this fixed, both razors performed the same.

Can't remember if you mentioned using GEM razors.

I'll interested in your comparison of your two E type. With my first one I was not impressed until I got number 2 and discovered the part attached to the handle had been bent. Once I got this fixed, both razors performed the same.

Can't remember if you mentioned using GEM razors.
I have an MMOC and an ER 1912 but I haven’t used either of them yet. I’ve had the 1912 for about 3 or 4 years actually I’m not really sure why I’ve never got round to trying it. So far, apart from the Schick E, the only other SE I’ve tried was a Valet VC3. I loved the first shave with it - really smooth and easy - but the second shave was awful. I don’t know why - I’ve read the Feather blades that fit the VC3 go off quite quickly but after 1 shave seems a bit soon.

I have an MMOC and an ER 1912 but I haven’t used either of them yet. I’ve had the 1912 for about 3 or 4 years actually I’m not really sure why I’ve never got round to trying it. So far, apart from the Schick E, the only other SE I’ve tried was a Valet VC3. I loved the first shave with it - really smooth and easy - but the second shave was awful. I don’t know why - I’ve read the Feather blades that fit the VC3 go off quite quickly but after 1 shave seems a bit soon.

Do you have blades for the GEM type? If not, send me a PM with your address and I will send a couple of the GEM PTFE coated blades.

If those are the Feather FHS-10 blades, they have a reputation for one and done shaves. Some gents palm strop or do ok with flipping the blade over for a second shave. Gents with very fine light beards reportedly have gotten up to four shaves. But I've not heard of anyone getting over four shaves on one of those blades, which is why for the OneBlade a lot of gents despine GEM blades which are more predictable and have better longevity.

Do you have blades for the GEM type? If not, send me a PM with your address and I will send a couple of the GEM PTFE coated blades.

I’m pretty sure I have some lurking somewhere but thank you very much for your kind offer.

If those are the Feather FHS-10 blades, they have a reputation for one and done shaves. Some gents palm strop or do ok with flipping the blade over for a second shave. Gents with very fine light beards reportedly have gotten up to four shaves. But I've not heard of anyone getting over four shaves on one of those blades, which is why for the OneBlade a lot of gents despine GEM blades which are more predictable and have better longevity.
Yes, they’re the FHS-10 blades - the only ones that fit the VC3 unfortunately.

This E2 is dangerous. It looks cheap, it is a joke to have it in your hand, but it gives the perfect first pass shave.

It can make you wonder why are you using the other razors still. I am glad that it looks cheap as otherwise it would be a much more sought after razor like a fatboy or a streamline.

Just my opinion. Don't get one. You might sell the rest of other razors.

This E2 is dangerous. It looks cheap, it is a joke to have it in your hand, but it gives the perfect first pass shave.

It can make you wonder why are you using the other razors still. I am glad that it looks cheap as otherwise it would be a much more sought after razor like a fatboy or a streamline.

Just my opinion. Don't get one. You might sell the rest of other razors.

Brass and the best of plastic does not look cheap to me, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I suppose...l!

I didn't want to start another OMG thread, so I'll tag on this one...

OMG! I just shaved with a Schick E2 Injector for the first time and it was amazing!

I got a Butterscotch handle E2 in a razor lot I purchased and considered if I was going to PIF it or just pitch it. Shame on me for considering the trash receptacle. I cleaned it up and it shined so nice I couldn't bear to part with it without a try. I figured a $6 pack of Schick injector blades, I'd use one and be underwhelmed and move on. The razor was just too light and looked like a toy compared to the vintage Gillette's and modern's I have amassed.

I did a little reading to understand blade angle difference from a DE, and had at it. No pressure, taking my time. Absolutely the best shave I've had in a month. I just got a new Rockwell 6S last week and this thing shamed it. It was so nimble and smooth as long as I didn't apply any pressure. Seriously, I've been wet shaving for 7 years and I only remember a handful of shaves this good. There's still more to learn as I had to do some tidy up buffing, but man I couldn't be more impressed. I now understand the cult of single edge lovers on this site. The E2 is firmly in the rotation, and once my sabbatical is over in April I can feel another case of RAD coming on....

My collection is one for experiences. Therefore, I have many examples from the past, mostly 1916-1964. The early Schick injectors, like yours, are one of the best of the era which also included the Barbasol Floating Head, the Gillette New, and the GEM MMOC.

Congratulations to you for finding a true innovative classic. :a14::a14:

Top Bottom