What's new

Type E2 where have you been all my life?!?

Later in they day I didn't get any sting after using the G. I got a little from the E. That being said, the E's shave lasted a heck of a lot longer than the pebbled G. The smooth G was about even. Could be technique. Could be a difference in teh razor. I have no idea yet :)

Later in they day I didn't get any sting after using the G. I got a little from the E. That being said, the E's shave lasted a heck of a lot longer than the pebbled G. The smooth G was about even. Could be technique. Could be a difference in teh razor. I have no idea yet :)

I am one that does not think the E is aggressive, whatever that means. Mine is very smooth and efficient with no need of any type pressure.

I don't think it is aggressive. I think it is efficient, but it also requires more care than say an L IMHO.

I recently bought a E injector and when I insert a new blade, the side farthest from the injector key tends to slip over the top of the blade stop as I remove the key. If I hold it down carefully as I remove the key it ends up in the right place but it’s a bit of a pain. I can’t see anything obviously wrong with the geometry of the razor - has anyone else had this problem?

I wish I could help but I can't visualize what is happening. I had a great Shave with my E today. I did give my self 3 weepers, but not really sure how. They closed with cold water.

I recently bought a E injector and when I insert a new blade, the side farthest from the injector key tends to slip over the top of the blade stop as I remove the key. If I hold it down carefully as I remove the key it ends up in the right place but it’s a bit of a pain. I can’t see anything obviously wrong with the geometry of the razor - has anyone else had this problem?
I have a Canadian G that has the same problem. Mine pops out of both stops. I can do like you did and hold the blade while I remove the key, but it just pops out later. I'm not sure if the stops are worn or if the razor was dropped and the stops were pushed down. One shows damage from the blade riding up over the top. I thought of improvising a punch to drive the stops up from underneath. For right now I've written off that razor.

I have a Canadian G that has the same problem. Mine pops out of both stops. I can do like you did and hold the blade while I remove the key, but it just pops out later. I'm not sure if the stops are worn or if the razor was dropped and the stops were pushed down. One shows damage from the blade riding up over the top. I thought of improvising a punch to drive the stops up from underneath. For right now I've written off that razor.
Thanks, I’m wondering whether to do the same with this one (write it off) but the blade does stay there once it’s in place so maybe I’ll use it.

Could the spring have been weakened or compromised?

I don't know to be honest. It looks fine but I don't know how I'd test that theory. I left a blade in it after I managed to get it correctly seated behind the stops a couple of days ago and it hasn't jumped out again so I am thinking of just trying it out (along with all the other razors I've recently accumulated!)

I don't know to be honest. It looks fine but I don't know how I'd test that theory. I left a blade in it after I managed to get it correctly seated behind the stops a couple of days ago and it hasn't jumped out again so I am thinking of just trying it out (along with all the other razors I've recently accumulated!)
You should be able to tell immediately if the blade is not held tightly. Even if the razor proves useless, we can find you another one for peanuts.

If you survive, let us know.:001_rolle
Well it was good and bad, at the same time. I should probably move this to another thread as it's not even an E2, it's an E3 or 4 I think....so I'll try to keep it short.

I made the mistake of trying two new razors at the same time as I have about 9 that I haven't used yet and only one face. I used the E type on one side and the PAA Alpha Ecliptic on the other (and a new brush just to muddy the waters a little more). I managed to give myself razor burn with the Schick going with the grain on my neck. I thought this might be because the blade was loose but then when I looked at the side I'd shaved the the Alpha Ecliptic, I'd done exactly the same thing! Something was terribly off with my technique last night because I've never given myself razor burn going WTG with any razor before. Anyway, I stopped the shave with a bit of touch up after that because I didn't want to make things worse.

On the plus side, I managed to get a socially acceptable shave going just with the grain with both of these razors, which is also something I've never managed before. They both shaved closely and smoothly at times; I think I just tried to take on too much in one go so I won't blame either razor for the burn at this point.

So, that wasn't very short and I apologise profusely for dragging this thread off topic. To make amends, I am going to buy an E2 that I found online and see how I go with that. It may be that my E3/4 or whatever it is gives perfectly good shaves but because I have doubts, I will never know if it is my technique or the razor when something goes wrong. I did drop it in the basin at one point and the blade didn't jump over the stops so I think it is in there firmly but I want to be sure and like you said, these razors can be found quite cheaply.

Well it was good and bad, at the same time. I should probably move this to another thread as it's not even an E2, it's an E3 or 4 I think....so I'll try to keep it short.

I made the mistake of trying two new razors at the same time as I have about 9 that I haven't used yet and only one face. I used the E type on one side and the PAA Alpha Ecliptic on the other (and a new brush just to muddy the waters a little more). I managed to give myself razor burn with the Schick going with the grain on my neck. I thought this might be because the blade was loose but then when I looked at the side I'd shaved the the Alpha Ecliptic, I'd done exactly the same thing! Something was terribly off with my technique last night because I've never given myself razor burn going WTG with any razor before. Anyway, I stopped the shave with a bit of touch up after that because I didn't want to make things worse.

On the plus side, I managed to get a socially acceptable shave going just with the grain with both of these razors, which is also something I've never managed before. They both shaved closely and smoothly at times; I think I just tried to take on too much in one go so I won't blame either razor for the burn at this point.

So, that wasn't very short and I apologise profusely for dragging this thread off topic. To make amends, I am going to buy an E2 that I found online and see how I go with that. It may be that my E3/4 or whatever it is gives perfectly good shaves but because I have doubts, I will never know if it is my technique or the razor when something goes wrong. I did drop it in the basin at one point and the blade didn't jump over the stops so I think it is in there firmly but I want to be sure and like you said, these razors can be found quite cheaply.

Might have just been the lather was not thick and protecting your skin. Might have been you were in a hurry. Anyway, it will come. So, I try to get a good lather and especially now that I am using a shavette. I use the later and reapply during the pass to areas if needed. When hold my Type E I notice I use absolutely zero pressure. What I miss with the first pass will be gotten in subsequent passes and clean up. Only my neck gets an ATG shave now days.

Razor burn=too much pressure... Or a combination of that and poor lather.

I am going to give my E another try.
Last time I used it I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as my Alu-Trinity: Razorock Hawk, Colonial General and ATT SE1.

I am going to give my E another try.
Last time I used it I thought it was pretty good, but not as good as my Alu-Trinity: Razorock Hawk, Colonial General and ATT SE1.

I like the E2 with a Schick Proline but I still find the ATT SE1 to be better with a Schick Proline. Wider blade, no blade stops, heavier.

Top Bottom