What's new

TWSBI 540: 1.5 Italic Nib, Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black, Black Swan Australian Roses

I finally got some gear for my TWSBI 540 fountain pen. The 1.5 nib is awesome. I can't stop writing! Changing nibs on the TWSBI is very easy (youtube for demo).
Bought the nib directly from TWSBI and ordered my first Noodler's inks from Goulet Pens (great service).

Noodler's Air Corp Blue Black: I remember when I was three years old I used a similar ink practicing my calligraphy...in a Parisian cafe smoking fine cigs :tongue_sm. It's dark green with hints of black and blue. The blue comes out more when shading.

Noodler's Black Swan Australian Roses: I wanted something a bit wild and the ink has so many positive reviews so I had to try it.

Below is a sample written on cheap paper.

Attachments

• $Twsbi Stub Nib Inks.jpg
    $Twsbi Stub Nib Inks.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 170
I had to read that a few times myself lmao, great looking pen, love the rose colour more then i thought i would i could see more use out of that then i would have not seeing it on a page

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I love black swan in australian roses. I cannot use it at work, though. We are to use black or blue. So, I use either Pelikan Brilliant Black or BSB. :001_smile

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I love black swan in australian roses. I cannot use it at work, though. We are to use black or blue. So, I use either Pelikan Brilliant Black or BSB. :001_smile

Air Corps Blue-Black. :sneaky2:

... it has some green in it. (Be a little subversive ... if called on it, show them the label & do the whole ... "it's blue-black. Green? No, I don't see any ... must be this darned artificial light playing tricks on your eyes ..." thing.)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Air Corps Blue-Black. :sneaky2:

... it has some green in it. (Be a little subversive ... if called on it, show them the label & do the whole ... "it's blue-black. Green? No, I don't see any ... must be this darned artificial light playing tricks on your eyes ..." thing.)
Sounds like a plan

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Where do you guys work that you have ink police checking out what you use? I will admit though that most of my business correspondence is via email and Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Most handwritten things are for my eyes only. Maybe I should approve inventory movements in De Atramentis Gold? Journal entries in . . . .

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
:lol:

I was joking...about smoking fine cigs in a Parisian cafe at the age of three.

Quite understandable . . . I realize there are no fine Parisian cigs. (What camel dung /road tar/ used tire rubber do they add to Gitans and Gauloises to give them a flavor that makes a skunk cry for his mommy?)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Where do you guys work that you have ink police checking out what you use? I will admit though that most of my business correspondence is via email and Excel spreadsheets and Word documents. Most handwritten things are for my eyes only. Maybe I should approve inventory movements in De Atramentis Gold? Journal entries in . . . .
I work at a flight training center. I deal with pilots and the FAA. Any one who has ever dealt with a pilot knows what a PITA they can be. You know the difference between god and a pilot? God doesn't think he is a pilot.

Top Bottom