What's new

Two Years on the forum Everyready 1924 Shovel Head PIF

The PIF is for a razor its tin case
20170805_094526.jpg
on the 15th i will have been on the forum for 2 years, and i am doing a PIF open to anyone that wants to try out the 1924 Shovel head. this is a razor that i bought but the locking spring broken, i did a repair with JB wield and it has been holding up fine so far
20170805_094716.jpg

it really is a nice razor over all, not that i am taking pictures i can see i may miss it, but i do have another now, and want to share this popular SE razor with someone that has not tried it yet.
20170805_094602.jpg

some info about how i got it fixed up can be seen between this post in the SE Razor Acquisition thread

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

and this one.

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

if you are interested in this PIF just post "I'm in", and write a little about what you have gotten out of being a member at B&B.

I will make the random selection on the 15th, my 2 year anniversary of joining the Badger & Blade

here is a little that i have gotten out of these last two years on B&B:
over my time here i have learned a lot about vintage razors. i have used that knowledge when traveling on vacation to London for example and i visited Taylor of Old Bond Street for supplies and bought vintage razors at the Portobello Road Market.
i have also taken my mustache to new levels with inspiration from some in the beard and mustache sub-forum.

Not in, but great razor. This is one of the few that I had, then sold, then got again because I was getting tired of kicking myself for doing it. Great shaver, kind of an in between - not as aggressive or efficient as the 1914 and not quite as mild and comfortable as the 1912. Whoever wants to try a Gem blade, jump in on this!

I'm in.
What I've gotten out of being a B&B member is the Vast amount of information that just oozes out of all the great people Here. Also the generosity of the members here just astound me. Thank you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in. Looks like an interesting razor.

On B&B I've learned a ton, not just about a better way to shave but also about how nice it is to interact with people online who treat others with respect and kindness. I've been able to try a ton of different razors, soaps, brushes, etc., and have come to a point where I really look forward to shaving every day, which has made a huge difference in my life. I love starting off each day with some therapeutic "me time" and a great shave, and I learned almost all of it from my friends on B&B.

Thanks for the PIF.

Not in but that's a great pif. I killed all other social apps so badger and blade is my only connection to the outside world. B and b keeps me sane .

I'm in!!!

I pour over most of the threads here at B&B and learn so much that I think my head may explode! This is an amazing community that truly helps build and maintain the knowledge base for all things wet shaving as well as keeping the vendor community alive by giving us all Addiction Disorders! Currently my RAD for a GEM razor is eating at me non-stop thanks to all the great folks here, and I just cannot wait to try one!

Not in, but that's cool, what you're doing. Very nice!

I picked up a ER 1924 a couple of months ago, but I haven't tried it out yet. I just got my GEM PTFE blades, along with some injector blades, not too long ago, and was going through all my SE razors. I think I may try it out tomorrow morning.

Not in, but that's cool, what you're doing. Very nice!

I picked up a ER 1924 a couple of months ago, but I haven't tried it out yet. I just got my GEM PTFE blades, along with some injector blades, not too long ago, and was going through all my SE razors. I think I may try it out tomorrow morning.

OK, so this morning, I used my ER 1924 for the first time ever, with a GEM PTFE on it's 8th or 9th shave, for 2 passes. As I was shaving, I was thinking that I was going to be dissappointed - while it was a nice smooth shave, I didn't feel like it was cutting anything, and that I was probably going to have to do a 3rd pass with a different razor.

WRONG! Just when I thought my 1912 GEM Junior and GBar couldn't be beat, this just blew them away. Of course, I'll have to use these a lot more for more definitive results, but the blade presentation on my 1924 must be perfect. I could not feel it cutting, and I didn't get much audible feedback like I do from a lot of my DEs and most of my other SEs.

The best part is that I found this razor in a little antique shop, in the middle of nowhere, on the way back from our beach vacation, for $5.

If this razor you're giving away shaves half as nice as mine, someone is going to be extremely pleased.

they are nice, and i agree you can hardly feel it is cutting, but they seem to do well. i think that they have a valid reputation with a lot of people that really like them here on B&B

I'm in !

I enjoy reading the B&B threads and picking up tips for getting a shave that keeps my 5 o'clock shadow at bay past noon - and prevents the red irritated rash on large patches of my neck that shaving has caused my whole life...

I've tried a bunch of DE's from mild to aggressive, and a bunch of blade types, and a bunch of soaps and creams --- looking for the elusive close comfortable shave.

Now I'm looking into SEs (but don't have one yet) hoping that one of them will be the magic bullet :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in would love to try a SE razor and congratulations on the 2 year mark. What I've got out of b&b is the wonderful community of people and knowledge or learning new things. Also keeping the traditional art of shaving alive

Thanks for the opportunity!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm in! @tylehman , this is a beautiful razor and a generous PIF! Aside from the excellent advice, the camaraderie, and the general civil disposition of the members(yes, aside from all that, which has resulted in the best shaves I never imagined, myriad ideas for cooking, working out, and a general sense of gratitude and kindness towards my fellow man), I have been really blown away by the willingness to give here at B&B. The culture of PIFs is truly one of a kind, and the generosity I have seen shown to myself, and others is humbling and exceptional. Congratulations on two years here at B&B and on an excellent PIF!

well it is the 15th my 2 year anniversary and there has not been much action here, so i employed a random number generator to pic a winner. it is nice to see that everyone gets so much out of B&B. right now i am participating in a pass around of a Wilkinson 7 day empire set.

at this time i will announce the winner as @ED3054. i will PM him and send this on, thanks all for participating.

Top Bottom