What's new

Two Year Olds Are Hazardous To One's Health!

Greetings Gentlemen,
Today while shaving with a str8, my two year old decided it would be funny to bang on the locked bathroom door to see what daddy was doing.

I was just starting my second pass (ear to chin) when she did this. I opened the door and politely asked her not to knock on the door while I was shaving. Then spent the next 15 minutes trying to stop the bleeding!

Between the styptic pencil and direct pressure I was able to reduce it to a barely visible cut.

Conclusion: 1. Lock master bedroom door to create a safety buffer and 2. Two year olds are hazardous to one's health!

I always had the fear that while shaving with a straight, someone is going to knock on the door while the blade is against my skin, I will turn my head in a hurry and slice my own damn throat. :scared:

I hope the Red Imp is treating you good.

roughrider said:
I always had the fear that while shaving with a straight, someone is going to knock on the door while the blade is against my skin, I will turn my head in a hurry and slice my own damn throat. :scared:

I hope the Red Imp is treating you good.
It's very nice! I have found that the heavier/larger (6/8 & 7/8) razors are a better fit for me. I finally am very close to getting an A+ shave with a str8 under my jawline. The whole experience is very cool!

Rik said:
It's very nice! I have found that the heavier/larger (6/8 & 7/8) razors are a better fit for me. I finally am very close to getting an A+ shave with a str8 under my jawline. The whole experience is very cool!

Yes, I have the same problem with the jaw line and lower area. I am getting closer and better with each shave.

Have you seen the DVD " The Lost Art of Straight Razor Shaving" by Greg Ives?

Yikes, I feel for ya Rik. Having two boys, 4 and 7 (and another in the oven), I can't count the number of times I have gotten hurt in one way or another. Particularly when they are crotch-height. :eek:

Scotto said:
Yikes, I feel for ya Rik. Having two boys, 4 and 7 (and another in the oven), I can't count the number of times I have gotten hurt in one way or another. Particularly when they are crotch-height. :eek:
:lol:

roughrider said:
Yes, I have the same problem with the jaw line and lower area. I am getting closer and better with each shave.

Have you seen the DVD " The Lost Art of Straight Razor Shaving" by Greg Ives?
Yup, that's part of my shaving library. Greg honed my razor with the stag scales. I was hoping he'd actually show how to shave but unfortunately his experience is shaving others. Lynn Abrams has a brief video showing himself shaving which was helpful. But I believe David Uthe offered the best advise:

If something is not working for you, you can't expect different results if nothing in technique changes .....

LOL

I feel ALL of your pain(s). I have both a 3.5 and a 1.5 yr. old boy. They are both nice and "Crotch-high" (to coin Scotto's phrase) :eek:

I have also had the "bang on the door experience." I now find myself mentally "steeling" my nerves before and during a shave just to negate the "jumping" that would take place if/when a door gets banged on.

Between us - I've switch to the less-than-lethal "Slant Bar" until they are teenagers... :a15:

Gents,
I feel your pain! Even though both of my kids (24 and 21) are out of the house, my buddy the cat has gotten me twice. While I know they can't laugh, let me tell you his espression sure changes to something with curled lips. :smile:

Top Bottom