What's new

Two Weeks and Getting Good Shaves

Well, I've been at this for two weeks and very happy with the results. Everyone seems to caution against making too many changes early on, so I've tried to stick to my original lineup, but that is easier said than done, lol. I did stick with the Merkur 34C and Merkur blades, but I've tried a couple different creams and a couple brushes. I'm only doing a two pass, one WTG overall, with a touch up ATG in specific spots. With just that I'm getting just an occassional nick, pretty much no razor burn, and a better shave than with the electric that I was using. Still need to work on my technique, but I'm really liking where I've gotten to so far. Seems that Merkur blades aren't big favorites here. I bought a couple blade sample packs and am anxious to give another blade a try. Feather and Astra seem to be pretty popular, so I think I'm ready to give one of those a try.

So...thanks for all the info I've gotten from this site. You've gotten me off to a good start and I'm looking forward to continuing the journey.

Wayne

Glad you're enjoying your shaves. Be careful especially with the Feathers. They are very sharp. Astra is one of my favourite blades.

Top Bottom