What's new

Two types of Gilette Platinum?

IMG_20181113_121031.jpg
IMG_20181113_121047.jpg
Hello,

I've recently bought a type of Gillette Platinum blade that I've never seen online and it seems nobody talks about them. Only found them in one place in a mall. If you look in the pictures there is a comparison between the standard package Platinums and this one which is light blue. The blades also look different-the normal Platinum is marked with black ink, whereas those in the light blue package are laser etched on one side (like the new Astra SPs).

Ever seen or heard of these?
I've hoarded about 120-130 of them since I like Gillette Platinums and as far as my face can tell there is not much difference between these and the normal ones.
proxy.php

proxy.php

View attachment 927694 View attachment 927695 Hello,

I've recently bought a type of Gillette Platinum blade that I've never seen online and it seems nobody talks about them. Only found them in one place in a mall. If you look in the pictures there is a comparison between the standard package Platinums and this one which is light blue. The blades also look different-the normal Platinum is marked with black ink, whereas those in the light blue package are laser etched on one side (like the new Astra SPs).

Ever seen or hard of these?
I've hoarded about 120-130 of them since I like Gillette Platinums and as far as my face can tell there is not much difference between these and the normal ones.
proxy.php

proxy.php
As long as they shave the same. Doesn't really matter.

Well, we've had a few threads on these. From sitting here in the US of A, I see a product that labeled in English, and a product labeled in various European languages. The dark blue box is pretty widely seen here, the royal blue box can't be had.

I have no theory on why this is. I wonder if the dark box is older stock still in retail channels and the royal blue box is new product, or if the dark blue box is intended for sale in some markets and the royal blue in others. Unless somebody in the industry is reading this, I don't know if we'll know unless we see one replace the other in the market. One hint might be that the Gillette logo has changed on the royal blue box - it has the current Gillette logo with the angled dot over the "i" instead of the older logo with the round dot.

A vendor called Geofatboy addressed a similar situation conserning the change in Astra blades.

Perhaps you could get in touch with him to see if his contacts have any information.

His video on Astra blade changes:

I wonder if the dark box is older stock still in retail channels and the royal blue box is new product, or if the dark blue box is intended for sale in some markets and the royal blue in others. Unless somebody in the industry is reading this, I don't know if we'll know unless we see one replace the other in the market. One hint might be that the Gillette logo has changed on the royal blue box - it has the current Gillette logo with the angled dot over the "i" instead of the older logo with the round dot.

Crossed my mind too that the relatively"unobtainable" one may be the new version. Probably Gillette didn't leave them to penetrate the market too much as the old box is still sold everywhere so the stocks might last for years and years to come.

That right barcode comes up as Gillette Italy, but issued in France. Shows a pic of a blister pack similar to the post above mine in shape and size, different colors/design though.

Top Bottom