What's new

Two & Three tier soaps: any purpose for them?

This, except I currently have 6ish soaps. I did my research, fretted and fussed over the buy button, and came out on top each time. I like all the soaps I have, some are probably on a “lower tier” list of others. It’s all quite YMMV and best bang for the buck.

I'm just about where you are, albeit with less research, most likely. I have five soaps at this time: Tabac, MWF, Stirling Barbershop, and sticks of La Toja and Palmolive. No dogs in that pack. All "top tier" in my book.

I don’t know that RazoRock is particularly strong. I can smell it though. I will PM you. I thought Tabac was meant to not conflict with their cologne an not necessarily have a scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, Tabac has a scent, alright. I happen to like it a lot but many would vehemently disagree.

Oh, Tabac has a scent, alright. I happen to like it a lot but many would vehemently disagree.

I’m sure it does and that it compliments their EDC and EDT. When I stick my nose right down on top of the puck, I can discern the scent. I just cannot smell it when lathered up.

I like the scent too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the part of the tiers conversation things start to go sideways. Arko, Proraso and Palmolive while they do their job they would be my tier 5 soaps. Frankly, they would be my never use soaps. I dont think a stick of Arko comes within a 100 miles of a Wholly Kaw YRP with Donkey Milk.

I mean any running car will get you to the grocery store but the comfort of the ride is key.

Sent from my Samsung S8+

I will use my "tier 1" soaps (pucks and sticks) regularly, and when finished will replace them.

The rest will be used up and not replaced. Will stick with the ones that work best for me, but I will also buy one new soap to try out (latest was Midnight & Two The Study).

I probably have 6 in my top tier, 2 in tier 2 because I like the scent and close to 20 I rarely use and would never buy again either due to performance, scent, irritation or price.

Top Bottom