What's new

Two Tabac Questions

As it seems Tabac is a solid soap to try, I was thinking about getting some. So far, the only soap I have tried has been VDH. I have also tried two creams: C.O. Bigelow and The Real Shaving Co. So on to the questions.

1. Are most people buying the Shaving Soap with bowl or the shaving stick?
2. Where is the best place to buy this. I notice that West Coast Shaving has this, but I didn't know if anyone had any recommendations for where to buy Tabac.

Thanks.

I would say most people buy it in the glass bowl the first time and then buy refill pucks after that. I like sticks, but I usually don't buy them if the product is otherwise offered in a puck.

FragranceX.com
is considered by most to be the cheapest online place to buy, considering they offer free shipping with the code "FREE" , but it is also available at a very reasonable cost at many of our vendors. Plus they sell other cool stuff you "need" :biggrin:

I've got it in the bowl, but there was a thread where a bunch of people used the stick and it lasted a very long time (130 shaves or so).

I would say it's just a matter of how you want to apply it, it's a good value either way.

I would say most people buy it in the glass bowl the first time and then buy refill pucks after that. I like sticks, but I usually don't buy them if the product is otherwise offered in a puck.

FragranceX.com
is considered by most to be the cheapest online place to buy, considering they offer free shipping with the code "FREE" , but it is also available at a very reasonable cost at many of our vendors. Plus they sell other cool stuff you "need" :biggrin:

Took the words right outta my mouth.

I bought just the refill puck, but it is so inexpensive to buy it in the bowl, I would go that route. FragranceX and Amazon have good prices.

I will probably keep buying new bowls, and re-use the old bowls for something else. They are just so darn nice! I think this is just incentive to use as much product as possible, I mean who doesn't love as much lather as possible!?

Good stuff, guys. I really appreciate the tips. I was unaware of the fragrancex site, but it looks like it has LOTS of stuff. I'll have to pick some up (after my birthday next week). I've already gotten a couple brushes, so I'll take it slow for now. But I certainly look forward to trying Tabac soon!

FragranceX.com

+1 for FragranceX.com. Don't forget the coupon code!

I got mine in the ceramic bowl, and it's quite nice. Those puppies are tough too! I accidentally knocked mine off the counter onto the tile floor and it didn't break.

MMMmmmm Tabac. It's like having a hot and steamy affair and not cheating on my girlfriend.
:tongue:
:lol:

I bought just the refill puck, but it is so inexpensive to buy it in the bowl, I would go that route. FragranceX and Amazon have good prices.
+1

I got a deal for it on fragranceX, there was a coupon. I think it was about $13 shipped for a bowl.
What he said. I got the same deal, and after reading countless amazing reviews here, figured it was worth the try. Besides, the only local place I found it was charging way too much.

I paid something stupid like $23 at Pasteurs. Tabac is cheap so the only way local places can turn a buck on it is by jacking up the prices.

you know, i've heard so many people here talk about tabac, i guess i might just have to bite the bullet and get some.

I got the soap and the cream from FragranceX. The cream is pretty nice. I'm going to try the soap for the first time today. With free shipping, it was like getting the cream free.

Top Bottom