What's new

Two soaps, one cup?

The times that I've used mixed soaps, which I generally only do for pragmatic reasons, it has always seemed to add the best qualities of each.

An easier way than grating, melting, etc is this: take any two round pucks of soap, cut them in half, then just place them in a container so the cut sides meet, forming a round puck that is almost exactly half one soap and half the other.

Voila!

I’m wondering if anyone has seen anything like a combo soap with two different kinds in one dish. I would love to try a pure glycerin puck inside a harder soap like MdC or Catie’s Bubbles. I love the slickness of glycerin and the cushion of triple-milled soaps. I was thinking of using a round cookie cutter to cut out the two soaps. Any thoughts?

Interesting idea! If you try it out let us know how it goes!

An easier way than grating, melting, etc is this: take any two round pucks of soap, cut them in half, then just place them in a container so the cut sides meet, forming a round puck that is almost exactly half one soap and half the other.

Voila!

Genius!

So... is this supposed to reference the obvious? Jokes aside, I've never tried this out. Maybe when I get bored but so far, I like to use the soap for what it is.

I grated half a Williams mug soap with half a Col. Conk bay rum. I called it Col Williams. The sum was greater than its parts.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I agree with the consensus here that combining two soaps can yield results that are greater than the sum of the parts. i grated half a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat with a full puck of Haslinger's Schafmilch (tallow version). This may very well be the best soap I have in my entire den. And I have over 50 soaps and creams. After some discussion with fellow members we named it The Fat 'As. It's insanely good. Lathers like a beast. Slickest soap I have with the most cushion and amazing post shave face feel. And the scent is a nice clean scent. I never liked either scent alone.

IMG_0139.jpeg

I agree with the consensus here that combining two soaps can yield results that are greater than the sum of the parts. i grated half a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat with a full puck of Haslinger's Schafmilch (tallow version). This may very well be the best soap I have in my entire den. And I have over 50 soaps and creams. After some discussion with fellow members we named it The Fat 'As. It's insanely good. Lathers like a beast. Slickest soap I have with the most cushion and amazing post shave face feel. And the scent is a nice clean scent. I never liked either scent alone.
That's awesome. Great name for the new soap as well. I think we may be onto something with this combination stuff. Perhaps there needs to be a new thread for "recipes" for soap combos.

Thanks for all of the great ideas. I have never thought of doing this, but now I will have to make and try some different combinations of soaps I have in my den.

I got some "Congallala" at the ready for tomorrow. Conk is creamy but not that slick and low on scent. Ogallala is a bit slicker but foamy with great scent. Did a test lather and so far, it looks promising!!

First “Frankensoap” mix was with Col Conk Amber and Stirling Gentleman. Scents really worked well together and the lather was really thick and creamy. I will definitely do more experimenting.

I’ll go you one better. Try a superlather of good soap and good cream for a stronger scent, easy lathering and awesome shave. My favorite combo was MWF soap and Penhaligon’s Blenheim Bouquet cream. *hubba hubba*

Top Bottom