What's new

Two soaps, one cup?

I’m wondering if anyone has seen anything like a combo soap with two different kinds in one dish. I would love to try a pure glycerin puck inside a harder soap like MdC or Catie’s Bubbles. I love the slickness of glycerin and the cushion of triple-milled soaps. I was thinking of using a round cookie cutter to cut out the two soaps. Any thoughts?

I have a cup with a puck of modern Williams in it. The cup is bigger than the puck so I melted a partial puck of col. conk lime and poured around the outside edge of the Williams centered in the cup. It works great and smells great.

AoM; B.O.S.S.;Knight of the Veg Table;MFR2019

I have a cup with a puck of modern Williams in it. The cup is bigger than the puck so I melted a partial puck of col. conk lime and poured around the outside edge of the Williams centered in the cup. It works great and smells great.

Awesome! Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. If you could, would you want the Col. Conk on the inside or outside?

There have been some commercial soaps sold with two soaps side by side in the same dish. You were to mix and match different ratios with your brush depending on what you wanted that day.

Once I emptied out a TOBS cream container, I started an ongoing “Puke” tub of random bits of soap samples and leftover dregs of soaps almost gone. It’s probably one of the best soaps in my den.

Awesome! Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. If you could, would you want the Col. Conk on the inside or outside?

I like it better on the outside. That way it doesn’t get too much glycerin I’m with the tallowed Williams but just enough. Having in the middle would end up more col conk and less Williams.

Once I emptied out a TOBS cream container, I started an ongoing “Puke” tub of random bits of soap samples and leftover dregs of soaps almost gone. It’s probably one of the best soaps in my den.

I knew I had read this somewhere but couldn’t remember who posted it.

Hopefully more people will pipe in; I don’t think it’s uncommon and it’s way better than just tossing stuff!

I’ve never tossed anything except 2 soaps I just didn’t care for and couldn’t get good lather from but I’ve never mixed anything until recently either.

If a soap is well made, it should have both slickness and cushion and there would be no need to combine two different soaps.
There are so many great soaps, available, at the moment.
However, if you are curious to experiment, then good luck. :001_smile

When I have small bits of soap left,i smooth thrm level and add them in layers. Saves having little bits of soap lying around. It works very well.

I made a Frankensoap that I am quite proud of. I call it Tabac Fat. Puck of Tabac in the center of a tub, then I grated my MWF puck and pressed it around the sides. the scent is great, I have the slick awesome lather of Tabac, and the creamy post shave feel of MWF.

For some reason mixing any cream/soap together makes everything better. Someone should buy unscented products from manufacturers in bulk, mix and scent them, package and sell as super soaps.

I’ve grated MWF & Haslinger Schafmilch into a tub together. I also have an ongoing tub of Frankensoap I’m collecting of the bottoms of my tubs.

I always take the last bit of soap and add it to another container. One soap is always harder than the other so they don’t wear at the same rate. You’d likely need to replenish the glycerin soap several times in your example. Also, I’d put the softer soap in the outside ring since it won’t wear down as fast as the center.

I grate and mix a puck of Williams and a half bar of Dove (Shea Butter, Tangerine or Cucumber) and press it into my bowl. I get a fantastic, rich, slick, long lasting later with the plus of a nice scent.

Top Bottom