What's new

Two new (to me) creams I got for Christmas

I got two new creams for Christmas...new as in I've never tried, or even heard of these before. My wife picked me up a tub of what's called Moroccan Mud from a company called Basin...and she bought it at the soap store in downtown Disney. No matter how much water or product I used, I could not get this cream to lather decently...all I could get was a thin lather that had absolutely no cushion whatsoever...it had lubricating qualities that were slightly better than plain water, but it did smell pretty good...I honestly don't know if there's anything to do with this stuff other than throw it out...this could be the worst cream I've ever used...

The cream my daughters got me is a different story altogether. It's sold by The Body Shop and it's called Maca Root Shave Cream. This stuff is nothing short of amazing and it places in the top 2 or 3 of my all time favorites in every category. First off, a little goes a long ways...a tub of this stuff should last a long time! It's very easy to build a thick, cushiony lather, but don't let that lather fool you into thinking it isn't slick...it is, and very much so! It also has a very pleasant smell...this is one of those products that makes you wish time would go by faster so you can shave again...it's that good!

Never heard of the first, Maca Root has been in my rotation going on two years. Though it's relatively inexpensive, the Maca Root is an exceptional performer, a few have an aversion to the scent, but compliment the lather. It's carried by The Body Shop, can be found on-line, and they regularly run specials. I'd recommend their Razor Relief After Shave Balm, another very nice Men's product, your Daughters did very well.

From the looks of the Basin website, their Moroccan Mud shaving cream isn't meant to be lathered with a brush. You may be expecting far too much from it.

The Moroccan Mud sounds very similar to Cremo. It doesn't produce a great lather. You squeeze some onto your hand and then rub it into your wet face. It will produce a nice thick cream in a thin layer. You then shave. I use Cremo on my head as it stays put and doesn't run off. I also get a great head shave w/ it. Offer it up as a PIF if you don't want it. I'll say I'm in.
cottontop

I just went to Ginza today and found a Body shop. Figured it would be nice to get some cream for the sabbatical.

This stuff is amazing. I didn't even use that much and I had way more than enough for three passes. I dig the smell, a little industrial but it's refreshing. I might check out the after shave products later.

Good job by your family!

The Moroccan Mud sounds very similar to Cremo. It doesn't produce a great lather. You squeeze some onto your hand and then rub it into your wet face. It will produce a nice thick cream in a thin layer. You then shave. I use Cremo on my head as it stays put and doesn't run off. I also get a great head shave w/ it. Offer it up as a PIF if you don't want it. I'll say I'm in.
cottontop

I've used Cremo, and you're right, it doesn't lather like most creams, but I mix it and apply it with my brush, and it provides a much better glide than this stuff...I will try using the method you suggested, and if I still don't like it, I will PIF it up, and it looks like your name is first on the list!

Top Bottom