What's new

Two new Taylor's creams: Tobacco and Lime Zest

I have $60 worth of TOBS shaving creams in my WCS cart. Just waiting to pull the trigger... 🤦🏼‍♂️

Next month I need to apply the handbrake, as someone said on here, and join the Gentlemanly Restraint thread 😂

Opened up the TOBS Royal Forest today!
To me, this current crop of new TOBS creams perform at a notch or TWO above their earlier creams!
Really thick, slick, lasting lather, leaving lots of glycerin for face smoothness after.
Scent for this one is musky, mossy...reminds me of Acca Kappa white moss.
Again lathered with the new TOBS travel brush, to get it well broken-in.
Looking forward to trying the new tobacco cream next shave!

taylor of old bond st royal forest karve royall vetiver july 13 2020.jpg

Opened up the TOBS Royal Forest today!
To me, this current crop of new TOBS creams perform at a notch or TWO above their earlier creams!
Really thick, slick, lasting lather, leaving lots of glycerin for face smoothness after.
Scent for this one is musky, mossy...reminds me of Acca Kappa white moss.
Again lathered with the new TOBS travel brush, to get it well broken-in.
Looking forward to trying the new tobacco cream next shave!

View attachment 1125250
Awesome. What razor is that kind sir?

Indeed, with these two new creams, TOBS has changed something!
The designation "Court Hairdressers" is now gone!
Replaced with a product characteristic, eg natural oils or such.
Wonder what precipitated the change at this time??
Any royalty watchers like to speculate?

TOBS labels without court hairdresser.jpg

And, shaved today with the new TOBS tobacco leaf shave cream.
Another excellent shave, same great performance as the Lime Zest.
To my nose, not a strong tobacco leaf note; I sensed some bergamot, floral and vanilla.
But, super overall.

taylor of old bond st tobacco feather alt innsbruck july 15 2020.jpg

For those who tried TOBS Tobacco Leaf: what do you thinks shall be a good complimentary after-shave scent?

To make a bit clearer. A tub of TOBS TL is on its way. However, it's to stay in line for at least a few months. And I'm not going to unseal it to smell and understand the scent profile better.
Hence the question.

Some of the more or less available tobacco-scented options are:
  • ClumanWhiskey Woods
  • WSP Tobacco
  • PAA Cavendish
  • RazoRock Puros
  • Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
  • Stirling Haverford
  • Maggard Tobacco & Leather
  • Alt Innsbruck
  • Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
  • Zingari Soloist

Which one of these would better fit the scent profile of TOBS TL?
Or maybe share your other preferred AS.

To make a bit clearer. A tub of TOBS TL is on its way. However, it's to stay in line for at least a few months. And I'm not going to unseal it to smell and understand the scent profile better.
Hence the question.

Some of the more or less available tobacco-scented options are:
  • ClumanWhiskey Woods
  • WSP Tobacco
  • PAA Cavendish
  • RazoRock Puros
  • Phoenix and Beau Spitfire
  • Stirling Haverford
  • Maggard Tobacco & Leather
  • Alt Innsbruck
  • Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
  • Zingari Soloist

Which one of these would better fit the scent profile of TOBS TL?
Or maybe share your other preferred AS.
I’ve seen some people mention Alt-Innsbruck

but I’d be curious to know this as well. Today was the first day I used TOBS TL and I really enjoyed the scent of it, as did the girlfriend. Just need an AS to compliment it now...

I've contacted TOBS. Their reply is : "We will be producing an Aftershave for this Shaving Cream and it should be available in the next two months."

I guess we just have to relax and wait :)

I've contacted TOBS. Their reply is : "We will be producing an Aftershave for this Shaving Cream and it should be available in the next two months."

WELP! Guess I’ll be impatiently patient.

though I still want to try some Alt-Innsbruck.

Very intrigued by the TL. I don’t smoke, but have tried some other tobacco creams and they have lovely vanilla tones and sometimes cherry smells.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Indeed, with these two new creams, TOBS has changed something!
The designation "Court Hairdressers" is now gone!
Replaced with a product characteristic, eg natural oils or such.
Wonder what precipitated the change at this time??
Any royalty watchers like to speculate?

View attachment 1126376
I am not certain what this means but I suspect it may not have much if anything to do with the British Royal family as unlike D.R.Harris, Kent, Floris, Penhaligon's, and Trufitt & Hill, I believe Taylor of Old Bond Street do not hold a Royal Warrant and do not make use of the Royal Arms as they are not entitled to do so. Perhaps it was felt that the term 'Court Hairdressers' was misleading as it suggested some Royal patronage which did not exist.

I am not certain what this means but I suspect it may not have much if anything to do with the British Royal family as unlike D.R.Harris, Kent, Floris, Penhaligon's, and Trufitt & Hill, I believe Taylor of Old Bond Street do not hold a Royal Warrant and do not make use of the Royal Arms as they are not entitled to do so. Perhaps it was felt that the term 'Court Hairdressers' was misleading as it suggested some Royal patronage which did not exist.

good observations.
i've learned that there is some sort of "royal warrant holders organization", which (i suppose) watches out for stuff and perhaps (again, total speculation by me) were putting pressure on TOBS and others??

A little bit later (which is understandable nowadays), but they've finally launched the matching after shave lotion:

Tried the Tobacco today. Smells similar to the Trumper's Sandalwood shaving cream. Must be the cedarwood oil.
Yet another great performer. Just like the Royal Forest. But imho, the discontinued Platinum smells the best out of all the newcomers I've tried.

A little bit later (which is understandable nowadays), but they've finally launched the matching after shave lotion:
Pricey!

Top Bottom