What's new

Two new razors this week

Hmmm, great...Now I want a Feather portable....Crap.

I don't have money for blades, yet somehow I just know that now I need a travel razor...

I guess I won't tell you about the Gillette Knack/twist/G1000. I have the knack, with the metal tip bottom (I hear the best example from this family of razors)
And It is very similar to the tech's. It might be a tiny bit more aggressive. But the feeling of it on your face is like no other. I really enjoy it, and prefer it to my tech. But I still love my tech, and use it regularly.

What I hear is also similar to the Knack, and perhaps even better is the Sheick Krona! Both the Knack and Krona are TTO. :cool:

I know... I'm evil. Mwuahahahahah! :001_tongu

First of all...

Damn you Koss! Stop making me want to buy more razors I don't need!
...Or do I...

Second...
WOW...That G1000 looks a LOT like the Lord 'Smart' Razor on the previous page!

First of all...

Damn you Koss! Stop making me want to buy more razors I don't need!
...Or do I...

Second...
WOW...That G1000 looks a LOT like the Lord 'Smart' Razor on the previous page!

yep! That plastic handle reminds me of it too!

Honestly, if you are enjoying your tech... the g1000 or knack will not give you THAT much of a different experience. Think of it as if you are driving the same class of car, but from different companies rather than driving a compact car and jumping up to a sport sedan. The knack will just be more of the same as the Tech. But with a different experience overall. Same results though when it comes to your face.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to get one...Honestly I'm liking the look of the Feather travel razor...Would be a nice thing to have.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to get one...Honestly I'm liking the look of the Feather travel razor...Would be a nice thing to have.

I want to many razors! I've been dreaming of finding a birth year/quarter Super Adjustable Gillette razor... and also getting the Gold Plated Super Adjustable, and Gold plated Fatboy or Slim. :rolleyes:

Then there is me wanting to try the Sheick Krona... maybe a Single Edge like a Gem... straight razors... AAAHHH!

:biggrin:

I just wanted to clarify, that the "Feather Portable" is actually just a regular Tech clone. It's called portable, because it comes with this awesome little box that you can transport it around in.

The handle is slightly shorter than your typical tech, and others say it shaves slightly more aggressive, but I couldn't tell a difference.

If you are serious about buying one, the person selling it on ebay is also a member here, and was selling them here for less than the stated ebay cost:

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/member.php?u=67

Have to agree, the Gillette Knack is pure awesomeness!! :001_tt1:

Last edited:
... maybe a Single Edge like a Gem... straight razors... AAAHHH!

You haven't tried a Gem yet?? Your can't possibly reach "shaving nirvana" until you give the Gem razors a fair shake!

I like to have a lot of variety in my shaving, but I honestly believe that the Gem SE razors do a better job than the DE razors, once you learn how to properly use them; I am still going to use my DE razors though, because the experience using them is slightly different, and I like that. :smile:

OK...As promised I did the same thing again, 24 hours later.

Lord 'Tech' style razor
New Derby Extra blade
Cheap 'Tweezerman' (100%?) badger brush
Col. Conk's amber shave soap
About exactly 24 hours of beard growth
Two passes with gain, one pass across

The result of the comparison I did for Poppi iiisss...
Too close to call!...Honestly they feel the freakin same to me. The only way I can really tell the difference is based on how the Gillette balances vs. the Lord. The Gillette razor feels like a big hefty piece of metal, while the Lord is pretty well made, but very light weight.

Perhaps someone more qualified than me should compare a Gillette Tech vs the Lord.

Top Bottom