What's new

Two new knots. Two old handles.

Silvertip Grade A and Maggard's two band.

The taller one I put a rare earth magnet into the very bottom so it will hang upside down and pick up loose blades.

Neither has seen water yet.

IMG_20180503_211639.jpg
IMG_20180503_211803.jpg
IMG_20180503_211720.jpg

That's fingerprints on the black part of the one on the left. It's actually as smooth as glass. I had to about sand the letters off the side though to get there. It was rough when I got it.

IMG_20180407_204303~3.jpg

Thanks.

The other one I sat on for a long while. I found it online for a song. It cleaned up like new but was just honestly too floppy to use. I did try it a couple of times with the original knot.

Screenshot_20180503-220242.png
Screenshot_20180503-220215.png
Screenshot_20180503-220201.png

Wow, great work. I am particularly impressed with the Ever-ready. For some reason, I absolutely love them. I have one that I am thinking of changing the knot on and your post is quite inspiring.

Sent via Tapatalk

The hardest part was taking the molding lines off of the black part. Not really necessary, but I started doing it and had to follow through.

I was extra careful not to drill too deep also from the top down. I did have to enlarge the socket a bit to take a 22mm knot.

A fun project.

Yet another excellent job, the clear acrylic on the Made Rite looks great. I too like that style of Ever-Ready and keep telling myself I’m going to make one. Maybe some day...

Graydog

Biblical Innards
That's it a new challenge :) I have tried to make that handle a few times
and ,I always seem to deviate in some way .
Yet another excellent job, the clear acrylic on the Made Rite looks great. I too like that style of Ever-Ready and keep telling myself I’m going to make one. Maybe some day...

@Graydog - yeah that small cove with the double beads on each side would be tricky. And then there’s getting the overall profile right, especially without having one to take measurements with. I think I’ll try to pick up a cheap beater before I give it a shot, that way I can get all the dimensions with a caliper.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
@Graydog - yeah that small cove with the double beads on each side would be tricky. And then there’s getting the overall profile right, especially without having one to take measurements with. I think I’ll try to pick up a cheap beater before I give it a shot, that way I can get all the dimensions with a caliper.

So all this talk ,I went down to my shop and had some Pink Ivory and something glued up so I took it for a whirl
I used a picture by my lathe to start this one (I do have 2 but they are upstairs ) still have some work to do

Attachments

• ER160a.jpg
    ER160a.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom