What's new

two names alike (a B&B classic post)

I am Stan-The- Man there is another person whom just joined our group as Stan the Man.

will the moderator do something about this

Please pm me

This is for the moderator or others that can stop this confusion.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Moderators will most likely suggest an arm wrestling match.... At least I know OUCH would....

Attachments

• $arm%20wrestling.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 5,313
Look, Stanley is my middle name it was my fathers and his fathers name and also my grandfathers name on my mothers side. Except for legal work I always go by Stanley. People that I have known for years don't know my real first name, this is not a joke to me. If the person in the now, won't do something about chaging his name I wish to drop out of this forum. ASAP

Stan, new members are allowed to sign up as they wish unless it is profane. I'm sorry to say that there is nothing we can do about it.

I am Stan-The- Man there is another person whom just joined our group as Stan the Man.

will the moderator do something about this

Please pm me

This is for the moderator or others that can stop this confusion.

Unless this other fellow wants to voluntarily change his name, or he is somehow impersonating you in a malicious fashion, I'm not sure you have much basis for your request. He may have all kinds of reasons to be stan the man, too. Maybe as a gesture to this new fellow, you should volunteer to change your name to stop the confusion. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but just my 2 cents.

You've not encountered this problem before? Seems Stan the Man is a popular moniker- I imagine internet forums are full of such nicknames. Are you worried about being misinterpreted? Maybe one of you will change to Manly-Stan:biggrin:

And I was just about to switch my name to Dan-The-Man, but now I'm afraid to. Has anyone seen that movie "Falling Down"? :eek:

• Haha
Reactions: KJI
And I was just about to switch my name to Dan-The-Man, but now I'm afraid to. Has anyone seen that movie "Falling Down"? :eek:

You'd better not- my name is also Dan, and I've been called Dan-the-Man before. (not by choice.):prrr: So that means it's mine. Or something.

• Haha
Reactions: KJI
Top Bottom