What's new

Two Nacet questions

I have two questions about Nacet.
The first is about this picture. What razor is this?
35223100-3B3A-4310-9DA2-60688E31E0BD.jpeg

Second question: these Nacet blades are made in England and came with a lovely unused polymer vintage in a chrome box. Blades and box marked: made in England. Can anybody give me some info on these blades?
81E50421-D7D7-4849-A06F-EACA4C9F83B7.jpeg

This very old thread Nacet - Made in England - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/nacet-made-in-england.460328/ might be of some help.

The Nacets appear to have been made in the UK to 1980? Interesting. They also appear to have been a UK brand originally.

A month ago or so I've found a guy from my country who was selling the same Nacet blades and he had around 80 left and he wanted $3 for a pack of 5 blades. I just straight up called him insane and blocked him on the spot from my Viber.

This very old thread Nacet - Made in England - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/nacet-made-in-england.460328/ might be of some help.

The Nacets appear to have been made in the UK to 1980? Interesting. They also appear to have been a UK brand originally.
Not only to 1980. I am pretty sure I have seen codes from the mid 80s as well, made in the UK.

The blades in the original post are very old. The NACET with the commas was in the 50s to early 60s. And I think they are carbon steel, although not black but white metal. Still they rust pretty quick.

Not only to 1980. I am pretty sure I have seen codes from the mid 80s as well, made in the UK.

The blades in the original post are very old. The NACET with the commas was in the 50s to early 60s. And I think they are carbon steel, although not black but white metal. Still they rust pretty quick.

Thank you. Always an amazing amount of information here at B&B. Very interesting. To be clear, the commas referred to are quotation marks on the word "nacet".

This is the back side of the Nacet blade tuck.
It contains 10 blades, and is wrapped in celluloid (?).
As far as I'm concerned, it is different from the ones I saw.
Seller claims the razor and blades were produced in 1935.....
F08D1B01-7FA3-40FB-A734-1D65F5983526.jpeg

I've got a contribution for the English Nacet database.
PXL_20220910_232755029.jpg

This 5-blade tuck was unopened until I opened it a few moments ago. The blades are stainless, made in England, marked only with the NACET trademark, and bear a W code on one side and a 1 code on the other. Waits compendium says that NACET was a Gillette trademark from the beginning in the 1930s. If the W1 date code is consistent with Gillette convention, then these blades were very likely made in the first quarter of 1976. Although W1 also signifies first quarter 1951, I doubt that NACET made stainless steel blades in 1951 (despite Gillette first making "Kro Man" stainless steel blades briefly in 1929-30--I have a couple of them marked A2 from 1930). I'm going to give these NACET stainless blades a try some time soon in my new to me British Rocket HD.

This is the back side of the Nacet blade tuck.
It contains 10 blades, and is wrapped in celluloid (?).
As far as I'm concerned, it is different from the ones I saw.
Seller claims the razor and blades were produced in 1935.....
View attachment 1457740
The latest British Patent number on this box (401366) refers to a British Patent that issued November 13, 1933. So, this box was printed after that date. 1935 would be consistent with this information.

lasta

Blade Biter
I've got a contribution for the English Nacet database.
View attachment 1520508
This 5-blade tuck was unopened until I opened it a few moments ago. The blades are stainless, made in England, marked only with the NACET trademark, and bear a W code on one side and a 1 code on the other. Waits compendium says that NACET was a Gillette trademark from the beginning in the 1930s. If the W1 date code is consistent with Gillette convention, then these blades were very likely made in the first quarter of 1976. Although W1 also signifies first quarter 1951, I doubt that NACET made stainless steel blades in 1951 (despite Gillette first making "Kro Man" stainless steel blades briefly in 1929-30--I have a couple of them marked A2 from 1930). I'm going to give these NACET stainless blades a try some time soon in my new to me British Rocket HD.
Hoi!

I have about 15 packs of these incoming. Any color on the shave? How do you compare with the current produce?

If they can cut 2 crocs, they must be sharp!

Top Bottom