What's new

Two Long Combs Different Aggressiveness

I have two Gillette Long Combs. One is all brass with a solid brass thin ball end handle and the other is a hollow ball end brass handle and base plate with copper cap. They were both once gold plated. The all brass razor is considerably more aggressive than the other. Does anyone else have experience with this? Is this normal?

I believe there are a couple versions of the top cap that can alter aggressiveness. Someone with more knowledge can come confirm/deny.

I have two Gillette Long Combs. One is all brass with a solid brass thin ball end handle and the other is a hollow ball end brass handle and base plate with copper cap. They were both once gold plated. The all brass razor is considerably more aggressive than the other. Does anyone else have experience with this? Is this normal?
Maybe post photos of the head. I think there were some long comb razors with a raised bottom plate. I think that they are more aggressive. I also have a long comb with the hollow brass handle and it seems no more aggressive than my Rockwell 6S with plate 4.

R

romsitsa

The caps can differ from razor to razor. I got a two piece Rfb New (call it a No 77) with broken teeth and bought a three piece (No 44) to salvage the comb.
While they should be identical, the cap of the No 77 has slightly larger corner tabs than the No 44, so it won't sit flush on the new base plate.

C44DF212-C072-4A1C-AAF3-6F9BBF57BDB8.jpeg
image.jpg
D8708915-6014-43C7-8DDA-5D1A2AC048A1.jpeg

Top Bottom