What's new

Two Germans with new clothes

First one is a SHS that was is pretty rough shape when I got it, quite a bit of rust and lots of chips in the edge, the blade measures a bit over 5/8

Hand sanded up to 1.2K ad polished with Autosol using a Dremel, scales are a copy of the original bakelite scales made in Green G10 with Hunter orange G10 wedge pinned with SS washers and silver nickel.

Before:

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Second we got a Alocoso measuring a little over 13/16, hand sanded up to 2K and polished with Autosol/Dremel
Original scales was pretty warped, and I didn't fancy the color much so I made new instead of straighten the old ones, still haven't decided weither to put on the logo on the scales or not (or the best way to do it for that matter)
Scales are made of Blue acryl with bone wedge pinned with some vintage washers I had lying around and silver nickel.

If anyone have some information to share about this one I'd be happy :)

Before:

proxy.php

After:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

WAUW!! The Alocoso looks smashing in those scales!!!! A great shape and I love the pinning as well!! Could I persuade you to take some close-ups of the pinning? - They look very well done!

- Morten

Very nice work on both.. what did you use on the inside of the scales for the 3rd pin on the blue one?

Thanks guys, I'm quite happy with how the Alcoso turned out myself :001_smile

WAUW!! The Alocoso looks smashing in those scales!!!! A great shape and I love the pinning as well!! Could I persuade you to take some close-ups of the pinning? - They look very well done!

- Morten

Thanks Morten, here's a closeup of the wedge pins:

proxy.php

Very nice work on both.. what did you use on the inside of the scales for the 3rd pin on the blue one?

Thanks Keith, for this one I used the original spacer, but I have found that the kids' Hama beads is pretty much perfect for the job on others I have made.

proxy.php

Those are awesome, man... I like the way Alcoso blade is a snug fit in between the mid and end pins. Looks really professional.

Top Bottom