What's new

Two down. One to go.

C4D77AAA-ED12-4C23-913D-D67A610956A1.jpeg
Waiting on the re-release of the new generation Python. Then the trinity will be complete.
More to follow on this recent addition to the fold.

576900EA-20F5-4614-9769-CDC77BDF00C0.jpeg
I do.
R. Grizzle Georgia Snap 2.
Larger version of this one assigned to its little brother Cobra.
It’ll have the same rosewood grips too

Thank you. I have always been a steadfast believer in the concept that a quality weapon deserves quality leather. Just cannot get behind Kydex

Kind of...I think.
The King Cobra is reportedly built on a “modified” D frame, whatever that means.
It is a very noticeably heavier duty frame than the Cobra (or earlier D frames) though.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Oh those are purdy. They are both on the D frame, right?

I'm waiting on the D frame Diamondback in Royal Blue to come out. What the heck...I'll set aside about $1,400 for an original one.

This thread has encouraged me me to look up and read the histories on the Colt line of revolvers among others as the classic S&W 686 and the Ruger Security Six.

I was watching An old black & white episode of Perry Mason tonight and they had a Police Positive .38 as a murder weapon that was very pretty and made me want one. :)

The new King Cobra looks like a nice gun. However, if they were gonna resurrect the old name, I wish they had resurrected the old gun that had a larger, heavier frame and adjustable sights. I have a few of the old guns....A famous gunsmith has often been quoted as saying the old KC was the strongest mid sized framed .357 made.

Colt DA revolvers have always had a fatal flaw since Day 1: a double toothed pawl (hand) that is a SOB to time. It's like watch repair as it's that difficult and maybe five at most gunsmiths in the entire country will even work on them. Colt made some changes to this newest generation that hopefully make these more easy to repair. Shoot your old ones with care however as there are no parts for repair for those.

Anyone’s guess...all Colt will say is that there’s a lot of discussion about it. I’m going to surmise that seeing how the Cobra..and King Cobra models have become quite popular, methinks the Python will be resurrected in a couple years.

Top Bottom