What's new

Two cream questions.

1.) First off I was in C&E yesterday and I decided to check out the scents they had for creams/soaps. I smelled the Nomad cream and thought it seemed exceptionally strong, does anyone with it think that the scent gets toned down any as you build the lather? If not I don't think I could bring myself to use it. Too strong a scent.

and on a somewhat unrelated note...

2.) I've seen several people here rave about the rose scented creams. Personally I've always found actual roses to have a rather repugnant scent, do the rose creams smell similar to the actual flower.

Thanks guys.

You'll find that with most creams, the smell gets diluted as you remove a portion from the tub/tube where it is concentrated in one place..... and begin whipping up your lather. Some still do manage to fragrance the entire bathroom during use, but in a good way. I've not used the c&e creams, but this is my experience with others i.e. Trumper, Taylor, Proraso.

The rose cream I've used is Trumper, and I find it to be a pleasant floral smell and certainly not pungent as an actual rose.

IMHO

1. I had the exact same reaction the first time I smelled Nomad.
Get a FREE sample from C&E, then try it at home. My opinion changed a lot once i tried it.

2. The only rose I've tried is Trumper's, and it's awesome. It's a very mild rose scent that lathers and performs wonderfully.

I'd get the Nomad and try it--the scent tends to dissipate pretty rapidly out of the tube. And most shave creams--not all, but most--do not have a long lasting scent, certainly not enough to compete with one's after shave or cologne.

BTW--you'll notice that the standard B&B response to most any question is, "Buy it.":wink:

The Nomad, according to my local store, is the most popular scent. I have some and think it's rather nice. The smell is not overpowering at all when used.

As far as rose goes, I've used Trumpers and Taylors (new). I prefer the Taylors for both scent and lather.

letterk said:
The Nomad, according to my local store, is the most popular scent. I have some and think it's rather nice. The smell is not overpowering at all when used.

As far as rose goes, I've used Trumpers and Taylors (new). I prefer the Taylors for both scent and lather.

I agree with John. As far as Rose creams I prefer T&H.

Top Bottom