Two brushes in Paduak

Discussion in 'Brush Making and Restorations' started by .223rem, Apr 24, 2019.

I'd like to say thanks to everyone here posting tip and tricks about brush making and turning. You probably helped me out without even knowing it!

I wanted to show off 2 brushes I did in Padauk. I have 2 others done, but they have other homes so I have no pictures.

Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

1. That's beautiful.....I have guitars with padauk but never thought I'd see shave brushes using it. Nice work sir!

2. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Nice colours and shapes. Well done. :a14::a14::a14:

3. Ooh, those are sharp!

4. Thanks everyone. The padauk is great to work with. I'm new to wood turning and it cut like a dream, smelled really nice when it's being worked and take a really nice, smooth shine when you sand it.

5. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

What sort of finish/waterproofing did you use?

6. @ajkel64 Both are finished with a few coats of boiled linseed oil, which makes the red darker. Then about 10 coats (or so) of thin CA glue. Sanded up to 8000 grit. The top brush is less glossy and has lines in the finish because I didn't polish enough with the courser grits.

7. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Thanks.

8. I like the shape and the finish looks great. To bad you don't have pics of the other 2. Maybe you can ask the recipients to send pictures from their new homes and post them here. I'm sure I'm not the only person that would like to see them.

9. Graydog

Graydog Contributor

Paduke is nice to work with ,Nice job .

10. Looks great.

11. Padauk is beautiful and a great wood to turn. You did a very nice job on those, congrats.

12. Beautifully done. Padauk is a great wood.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. Great work!! :a14::a14: