What's new

Two Bay Rum Questions about Master and Stephen's

Just made a batch of PinMaster (half VIBR and Master's & longing for Superior 70 for Bootlegger's) and I read on the Master's label that there is no Glycerine in the ingredients but everyone alluded that there was Glycerine in it. Is this a Master's reformulation?

Also is Stephen's Bay Rum any good? I live a few blocks from Williamsport Barber Supply just wondering if it could be used as a substitue for Superior 70.

Thank you!

You got the reformulated Master bay rum. I have 4 bottles of the one with glycerin. You can add glycerin to the reformulated.

I've got a new bottle from Sally's. No glycerin on the label. But the feel on the skin certainly indicates glycerin to me. Lots and lots of glycerin. Personally, I think the label is wrong. Might be time for another GC study.

Just made a batch of PinMaster (half VIBR and Master's & longing for Superior 70 for Bootlegger's) and I read on the Master's label that there is no Glycerine in the ingredients but everyone alluded that there was Glycerine in it. Is this a Master's reformulation?

I bought Master's green label at Sally's Beauty Supply this past summer, and it has glycerine. There was a darker labelled version, cannot recall the color, that was slightly different, and I think it was w/o glycerine.

PinMaster intrigues me. I may put those two together, but not in a 50:50 mix. More like 25 VIBR:75 Masters. Just want to give Master's a bit of zing.

Not a fan of either Pinaud or Masters (with glycerin) separately, but they're not bad when mixed 50-50. If you do decide to add Stephans to the mix, let us know how it turns out. I'd try it if it wasn't too expensive and smelled decent on its own.

I emailed Master Well Combe about the new bottle and they told me the formula had not changed. I followed up asking them about the new label and got no response. Another B&B member called them and was told the same thing about the formulation. I have both and at first I thought there was a difference, but I now believe they are the same. The new bottle definitely feels like it still has glycerine in it.

IMO Stephan's is nice but on the weak side. Very low cost. I add about 10 drops Essential Bay Oil to the bottle and give it a good shake before use and it is very good.

Thanks everyone. I read that Stephan's also has the a lanolin something in it, so I may use it in my PinMasterPhan with 8oz of each and 2oz witch hazel. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Top Bottom