What's new

Twist up container for Speick stick

I like shaving sticks but don't love holding the soap directly with my hand or not having a clean way of storing them. I've seen people here suggest buying generic twist up containers (usually meant for deodorant) and using those with shaving sticks. I bought this set and they seem to work really well with Arko sticks but I was unable to get a Speick stick installed in the container as the Speick soap is a lot harder than Arko so the little plastic rod in the center couldn't get through the soap without the plastic significantly bending or breaking. I know I can grated it into a bowl as a last resort.

Has anyone else successfully put a Speick stick into one of those types of containers? Or is everyone just using them the way they come or grating them into a bowl?

Well to answer my own question, impaling it with a metal kebab skewer first did the trick.

754FFBE2-1B5B-4C2F-8599-3056F7008FFD.jpeg
9FF6DDC7-107D-46C0-A6A4-E442B863A946.jpeg

On Amazon with Prime, $18 delivered. Not cheap but certainly not exorbitant!

View attachment 1557193
DR Harris Amazon: $18 with free shipping for 40g. That's $0.45 per gram.

Tabac Amazon: $14.95 with free shipping for 100g. That's $0.15 per gram.

La Toja Amazon: $5.83 with free shipping for 1.76 oz (50g). That's $0.12 per gram.

DR Harris sticks are extremely expensive on a per-unit basis, compared with competitor products. Yes, it may have really good performance, but is it really three times better than Tabac?

DR Harris Amazon: $18 with free shipping for 40g. That's $0.45 per gram.

Tabac Amazon: $14.95 with free shipping for 100g. That's $0.15 per gram.

La Toja Amazon: $5.83 with free shipping for 1.76 oz (50g). That's $0.12 per gram.

DR Harris sticks are extremely expensive on a per-unit basis, compared with competitor products. Yes, it may have really good performance, but is it really three times better than Tabac?

Excellent research and price comparisons, Sir altruistguy!

But, please, will you research three other questions?
a. What variety of scents are offered by Tabac or La Toja?
b. How do DRH soaps compare, price-wise, with others in it's category...eg, T&H, GFT, TOBS?
c. What other major brands market a range of shave soaps still made with tallow?

PS...I fully enjoy my Tabac soap and stick! As well as Arko!!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I like shaving sticks but don't love holding the soap directly with my hand or not having a clean way of storing them. I've seen people here suggest buying generic twist up containers (usually meant for deodorant) and using those with shaving sticks. I bought this set and they seem to work really well with Arko sticks but I was unable to get a Speick stick installed in the container as the Speick soap is a lot harder than Arko so the little plastic rod in the center couldn't get through the soap without the plastic significantly bending or breaking. I know I can grated it into a bowl as a last resort.

Has anyone else successfully put a Speick stick into one of those types of containers? Or is everyone just using them the way they come or grating them into a bowl?
I had the same problem with a Razorback stick

The best container I've found for the Speick shave stick is an empty container from the Speick deodorant. It's much heavier duty than the generics and fits well. The label is easy to remove.

If you want to use one of the generics, the easiest way I've found is to slice the Speick stick into thin coin-shaped slices and pack the slices into the container. If you spray the soap slices with a bit of water first, they will all merge together into the new shape.

1669440568370.png

Top Bottom