What's new

Twinjector Blades in an MMOC

Here is one too. Nice combo.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
You need the model with the tabs

Hmmm. I have one. Used it Monday for the first time (PTFEx8) and found it a closer shave than the Gem 1912 I have, but not as close as that same exact blade (now x9) in the Starling OC, which was today's SOTD.

Dammit, Brother Rabidus almost has me talked into buying an SE1 (with an SE2 plate as well)! You had to go dig me a new rabbit hole, didn't you?

Sigh. OK, where do I find these alleged twin blades? (By which I mean: specific brand-name information so I can see if they have them locally -- unlikely -- or at least know what the hell I'm trying to order when I go into Teh Interwebz.)

O.H.

Dammit, Brother Rabidus almost has me talked into buying an SE1 (with an SE2 plate as well)! You had to go dig me a new rabbit hole, didn't you

Anytime! :thumbsup:

Sigh. OK, where do I find these alleged twin blades? (By which I mean: specific brand-name information so I can see if they have them locally -- unlikely -- or at least know what the hell I'm trying to order when I go into Teh Interweb

Typically found in Japan at a high price and long shipping wait! Found on EBay.

Screenshot_20190410-183609_1.jpg

I used my MMOC with a SCHICK injector blade today. It took a bit of time to settle the blade in place, but once it was locked in the blade didn't move.

It was very smooth and comfortable on a shave with 48 hours of growth. The real test is to see how it does with daily shaving.

Thanks OP, for letting me know this was possible.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I used my MMOC with a SCHICK injector blade today. It took a bit of time to settle the blade in place, but once it was locked in the blade didn't move.

It was very smooth and comfortable on a shave with 48 hours of growth. The real test is to see how it does with daily shaving.

Thanks OP, for letting me know this was possible.

Glad it worked for you :)

Yes, I found settling the blade in place initially was tricky (very little wiggle room, isn’t there?) but once you get it positioned correctly it should stay.

Started using the single injector blade, Clog Proof combination a week ago and have been impressed by the results. I like the shave and can hardly wait to give it a try in the "Bullet Tip". Now I'm looking to learn how many shave I can get from it.

From the AC razors I also use, I get approx 15 days on a blade. I'm thinking it will be similar with the injector blades in the MMCP. If that is the case it will be more usage than I typically get from a GEM blade.

Top Bottom