What's new

Twinjector Blades in an MMOC

I got my MMOC a few days ago and I’ve been using it with schick twins and regular gem ptfes.

I found the PTFE to be a bit rough yesterday (in a new-to-me MMOC - big surprise, right?) and my face was feeling pretty raw. I put the twin back in this morning and was just shocked at how well it worked. It removed ALL the hair on my face - all of it, in every direction.

This is the closest shave I have ever had in my life, but - no irritation! I started with a face that was already feeling quite beaten up from the day before, and ended it with no sting or tingle from alum or Proraso green splash.

Who else is using this combo?

Here you go.

PS. does anyone who uses twins know how to clean between the blades without dulling them?
6C77FA25-AC7A-4087-AFDB-229F9500C5BD.jpeg 28868558-5A2F-4D1C-8CC5-60B6F2099C77.jpeg

I like a Twin in the MMBT. I've tried it in MMOC but, is more than efficient enough for me with the Gem blade. Really didn't find enough benefit to justify the price difference. I think a regular Chick would be enough for me and probably smooth it out a bit, but I don't think I've tried it yet.
P1070176(rc1rs).jpg
P1070172(rc1rs).jpg

Well now I've got to try an injector blade in my Gem razors.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

I use a twin in my 1914 Everready and love it. I just rinse it well in water and that is usually good enough.

A shame! Did you ever try a single injector blade in your MMOC?

Yes! The MMOC/GEM SS PTFE is just fine for me and is a tad more efficient than my ATT SE1/Schick Proline, stroke for stroke, both gets me to the same BBS. I prefer the ATT SE1(wider), there's no benefit using an injector blade in the MMOC for me.

Interesting! In terms of how it feels, does the SE1 shave similarly to the MMOC or does it just perform similarly?

I did not get on with either the SE1/SE2. They're sledgehammers in comparison to the svelt and nimble MMOC.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The MMOC/GEM SS PTFE is just fine for me and is a tad more efficient than my ATT SE1/Schick Proline, stroke for stroke, both gets me to the same BBS.

I've found that the PTFE GEM is slightly sharper than the Prolines, which is why I sold my SE1. In my case I didn't like the wider blade either in the end. Harder to manoeuvre under the chin East-West and in the throat.

Interesting! In terms of how it feels, does the SE1 shave similarly to the MMOC or does it just perform similarly?

If you find the right angle and pressure with the SE1, its smooth as silk and almost as efficient as the MMOC. It takes a few more strokes to hit BBS. The SE1 has a steeper design angle, so BBS last longer, typically 20 hours before stubble breaks skin. I typically get about 14 from the MMOC, but I hit BBS with a few less strokes.

I've found that the PTFE GEM is slightly sharper than the Prolines, which is why I sold my SE1. In my case I didn't like the wider blade either in the end. Harder to manoeuvre under the chin East-West and in the throat.

You are judging the Proline blade based on the only razor you used it in! If you use the Proline in an ATT SE2 or Asylum RX, you will see that the GEM SS PTFE and Proline are equally as sharp. The design blade angle and little blade exposure of the ATT SE1 tames the Proline nicely!

Top Bottom