What's new

twig razor by leaf 🌿

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
This is a mini review I posted in the Single Edge Shaving Comparison Thread...
Great mini review, as long as your happy with the twig that is all that matters. I have read good reviews on this TTO razor, interesting razor IMO.

Mines landed today. Its up on deck for tonight's shave. Simpsons Duke 2, Astra SP and Proraso green. Can't wait.

IMG_20210909_135920.jpg

Does look cool the prism colour, is it limited edition? Like a one off do you know?
Got mine. Looks very purple/pink. A bit feminine - maybe I can just call it psychedelic? I think the process creates a unique look every time so everyone gets something a bit different. My understanding is the Prism color is only available during holidays and not all year long. Overall the razor looks and feels nicer than expected. I’ll shave with it later and report back.

Got mine. Looks very purple/pink. A bit feminine - maybe I can just call it psychedelic? I think the process creates a unique look every time so everyone gets something a bit different. My understanding is the Prism color is only available during holidays and not all year long. Overall the razor looks and feels nicer than expected. I’ll shave with it later and report back.

Tried it out yet?

Tbh I think they probably aiming at the women's body shaving market with the twig and in particular the leaf razors imo

Pics.

Attachments

• 384F479B-2D81-41DE-9D76-3FE5AF9AA0B1.jpeg
    384F479B-2D81-41DE-9D76-3FE5AF9AA0B1.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
  • 9EB4160E-94CE-447B-AC1F-22B7E3D3F892.jpeg
    9EB4160E-94CE-447B-AC1F-22B7E3D3F892.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 73
  • 374B1CFB-D0F4-40EC-B2BD-C78534216D0A.jpeg
    374B1CFB-D0F4-40EC-B2BD-C78534216D0A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
It’s a nice razor. I’m accustomed to Razorock Mamba 70, Lupo and Tatara Masamune so it’s a completely different feeling. It gets under and around the nostrils and is very maneuverable and nimble around the face. It’s lighter in weight, the handle is a bit longer than I like, doesn’t feel like it’s going to slip but it’s smooth not knurled. Very little irritation (barely any actually) and it was kind to my skin. The angle is just like the Henson (which I returned because I could not get under my nose) and it feels just like the cartridge razors I used to use. I’d call it mild and safe. It’s a keeper for me just to have something different once in a while but I don’t think it will become my most used razor. It’s a nicely made product and something different. If that’s what you want then get one. Or if you want a nicely made cartridge razor that’s a bit like a traditional safety razor this would work well too.

When I saw "twig" and "leaf" in the same sentence, all I could think of was a restaurant on Bardstown Road in Louisville, KY in my 1960's college days at Bellarmine College. It's now a university and I believe Twig & Leaf is still open.

Got to say, several shaves now on this Astra SP and still silky smooth. Got so many blades its not really worth seeing how many shaves from one blade so have tossed it. So far so good.

Side note. The packaging kinda reminds me of some of the older SE packaging.

Got my Twig sometime back. Used it a few times & well. What to say !! within a week had to get rid of a semi-slant and another Fatip that I'm sure, I would never ever use again.

The twig is for me a perfect razor. the first couple of shave (with a GSB, try to use new razor with GSB now) just surprised me. So tried this with the included leaf half razor & then with kai, Nacet, perma-sharp & 7'0'clock black. The same phenomenal result. Sheer bliss.

intuitive design , easy to find the angle and a small enough head to actually get more control of over shaving (by being able to see around the head).

My first choice now, with the Mühle R89 & 41 in reserve (though i feel that i am not going to use anything else for a while).

Absolute gem of a new razor, can't recommend enough.

Attachments

• IMG_7481.JPG
    IMG_7481.JPG
    475.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7483.JPG
    IMG_7483.JPG
    550.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Got my Twig sometime back. Used it a few times & well. What to say !! within a week had to get rid of a semi-slant and another Fatip that I'm sure, I would never ever use again.

The twig is for me a perfect razor. the first couple of shave (with a GSB, try to use new razor with GSB now) just surprised me. So tried this with the included leaf half razor & then with kai, Nacet, perma-sharp & 7'0'clock black. The same phenomenal result. Sheer bliss.

intuitive design , easy to find the angle and a small enough head to actually get more control of over shaving (by being able to see around the head).

My first choice now, with the Mühle R89 & 41 in reserve (though i feel that i am not going to use anything else for a while).

Have to agree

Really remind sme of my Schick injector razor where finding the angle is just so easy it's kinda built in

I like the handle and the that it starts off thin and gets thicker and wider towards the bottom

I really want to try out the thorn, kinda regret not pulling the trigger on the leaf site one black Friday as they had a 20% sale too

I'm just worried if I get the thorn and there's not much difference between the twig and the thorn to make it worth the money tbh

I'm just worried if I get the thorn and there's not much difference between the twig and the thorn to make it worth the money tbh
Everyone who has tried both that I'm aware of has said that there is so little difference between them that it's not worth getting the other if you already have one. I have the original Twig and love it but I don't use it nearly enough. Every time I do I'm always surprised at how well it shaves and I can't figure out why I don't use it more often. The only good answer for that is I have so many razors to choose from that it just isn't the first choice.

Reactions: saj
As I mentioned in my last post, the Twig is currently my preferred razor.

I can't see anyone having a bad shave with it. You might prefer more aggressive razor, but it's just that: a preference. The Twig is incredibly smooth while still cutting the stubble with a single stroke. Zero drag.

The things I'd improve on the Twig:
- blade clamping (might be hard with a snapped DE blade)
- fully knurled (not striped) handle

I have a Mamba 70 that I haven't tried yet, I'm hoping it can dethrone the Twig.

I also bought the Thorn during BF, still waiting for it.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod

But you still can't see the edge on your skin. That's scary! 😱

This is a most interesting thread. Thanks to those who have posted.

Questions:
- What are the parts of the Twig and the Thorn made of? If that info is on the Web site or in this thread, I missed it.
- Has anyone compared the Twig or the Thorn, as a shaver, with the somewhat similar Focus Dynamic R48 (mostly aluminum but with stainless steel reinforcements) or R50 (stainless steel)?

Thanks again.

Top Bottom