What's new

Twice In One Day? Insanity!

Today I hit a new level of shaving addiction...I shaved twice today. Never in my life have I shaved twice in one day. In the pre-DE days, shaving once a day was a struggle. Did my usual morning shave before work with my new barberpole Slant and TOBS Shave Shop (I think I have found my shave cream of choice). Was nice and smooth to start the day.

I had to go to my company's holiday party tonight. So I came home, hit the shower and rubbed my face to find the tiniest bit of stubble. Most men would find it completely acceptable. And since a lot of my coworkers were without power and hot water from the ice storm we had, stubble was going to be the look of the evening. However, I looked up and saw my barberpole and the Shave Shop staring me in the face, practically begging me to have another go round. Didn't take too much thought to determine that I might as well be bbs for the party. It was just as good the second time and no irritation! The only problem I had were the random moments of faceturbation during the party that I had to indulge in.

This could start to become a real problem for me- shaving in the morning because I have to and shaving in the evening because I want to. When will the cycle end?

Haha whoa now that's dedication!

If the myth is true, a few months of shaving twice a day and you'll be able to grow a full beard in a fortnight!

I'm not sure I need to be congratulated. I think I need to be committed. Or forced into therapy at a bare minimum. But man is my face still damn smooth...

I sometimes shave twice a day if I need to go out but most days I wont bother as the re-growth isnt too bad. I would only do it if I am going somewhere fancy.

If the myth is true, a few months of shaving twice a day and you'll be able to grow a full beard in a fortnight!

No truth to that myth at all. In fact it's a bit of an illusion. If you think about it, most people start shaving when there is barely a need. So as they age/mature the hair is naturally going to grow faster and thicker. It would have done that even if they didn't shave. Therefore shaving has nothing to do with it. Ask a Dr.

I'm not sure I need to be congratulated. I think I need to be committed. Or forced into therapy at a bare minimum. But man is my face still damn smooth...

:lol::lol:

I sometimes shave twice a day if I need to go out but most days I wont bother as the re-growth isnt too bad. I would only do it if I am going somewhere fancy.

+1 I wouldn't do two-a-days every day, but I do shave at night for special occasions.

No truth to that myth at all. In fact it's a bit of an illusion. If you think about it, most people start shaving when there is barely a need. So as they age/mature the hair is naturally going to grow faster and thicker. It would have done that even if they didn't shave. Therefore shaving has nothing to do with it. Ask a Dr.

Ah :) good point!

Well thanks for clearing it up :D

Fortnight is 2 weeks, am i right?
Whats your definition of "full beard"?

My whiskers are about 3/4 to an inch long in 2 weeks.
I have stubble 3 hours after getting a BBS shave.
Heck, my fingernail grow so fast i have to cut them every 2-3 days, right hand grows noticeably faster.

Fortnight is 2 weeks, am i right?
Whats your definition of "full beard"?

My whiskers are about 3/4 to an inch long in 2 weeks.
I have stubble 3 hours after getting a BBS shave.
Heck, my fingernail grow so fast i have to cut them every 2-3 days, right hand grows noticeably faster.

are you sure your not a WEREWOLF! :eek: :biggrin:

Which Shave Shop do you have the tub or the tube? If it is the tube is it a white tube or an off white color?

Shave Shop is one of my favorite creams but the old formula in the off white tube. I have to order it directly from Taylors and specify the old stock. I could use it twice a day as well. Of course then I would go through it twice as fast so maybe not....

It was one of the TOBS samples from Shaving Essentials. It is so good, I put it on my Christmas/Chanuka list after my first shave. Hopefully, my wife will be putting it under the tree for me.

I would shave twice a day if I could, especially as I'm a newbie to all this and have so many razors, blades and creams I want to try out! Two things are stopping me:

1, My hair doesn't grow fast enough to warrant a second shave.
2, My wife would kill me as she already thinks I spend too much time messing with my toys in the morning.

Yeah I will shave twice a day about once a week. Makes up for me missing a day once every 2 weeks or so. Realistically, as a newbie, I would love to shave multiple times every day rather than all this constant waiting to try different combos and techniques.

I look forward to the days when I get two shaves in. Most of the time it's due to lack of ...well, time. Enjoy your shaves!

Top Bottom