Shaving cream: TOBS Grapefruit
Aftershave: Stirling Arkadia

IMG-2088.jpg

Merkur 11 Open Comb
Nacet Stainless (25)
Vie Long horse
MWF, face lathered
Dior Sauvage After-Shave Lotion

Two passes for DFS. At this stage of the blade's life, good, slick lathers with a soap that produces lots of residual slickness, is paramount to success...for me.

Shave #26

Shower
Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson India
Soap: Handmade Shea butter & Mango vegan soap :)
Brush: Yaqi Familia Sagrada synth.
AS: Old Spice Whitewater

Smoother than expected shave, great DFS+. Need to pay too much attention, but that's ok....few more days :)
proxy.php

Sent from my Y7 using Tapatalk

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210225_213522.jpg

Shave#25

One word sums up tonight's shave, Wow. I know I said I had used all my soaps, but three more arrived this morning, I wanted to use one of the TFS soaps but when I smelt the Fine Lavender Pour Homme I just wanted to use it. Far from having the floral scent I was expecting it has a glorious cologne scent. Using the Yaqi purple haze I whipped up an incredible and slick lather that was also luxurious. The Parker 26C glided over my face leaving me with the best shave I have had from this blade in more than a week.
Sorry to sound like a YouTuber, but I had a great shave😁

Sailing right along, will finish the month on a single edge. Probably March too at this rate...

This Sputnik is a better blade that I expected, still pretty smooth and I'm getting nice close shaves with little effort. now, if I could just stop shaving that weeper on my chin open every morning....

Bic #55

I got a bit of tugging on my first pass over the chin this morning. I hadn’t noticed tugging anywhere else, so I figured it was user error and adjusted the angle a bit and the issue went away. I got educated by this excellent thread that tugging is likely a sign that the blade is connecting too high above the base of the stubble. This makes a lot of sense, and does much to explain how I can get so many more good shaves from a blade than I once could. I am better than I once was at putting the blade in the optimal position, as well as having decent prep and lather.

I had a great shave in the end. That lovely brush in the picture was made by @Graydog. It’s a pleasantly scrubby Omega knot in maple, always a treat to use.

52792393-485C-4D5B-AC1A-5B5804765DFD.jpeg

OBIF SOTD #25
SOTD-WR2-G_2021-02-24_3.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Wolfman WR2-SB 1.25 head on a "world's finest" handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (25)
ASL: Lilac Vegetal

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Today was my first ever experience of "The Veg." I just HAD to try it. I was certainly wary, especially when so many Arko lovers seem to love The Veg too. (I've mentioned my Arko experience before, and won't go over that trauma again in this post.)
:Veg: The Veg arrived this morning so I gave it the initial sniff test followed by a drop on the wrist sniffed half an hour later. There's quite a difference between the top and base notes, but neither of them had me screaming or wanting to escape. It's now two plus hours post shave and the scent is still quite strong... but it's interesting and not overpowering. I wonder if it'll grow on me more, could I be chosen? :001_unsur
The blade feels as good as new. Over all a great performance by today's team. The team manager is very happy. :clap:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Shave #14, Thursday, February 25, 2021

Preshave: shower, Proraso green preshave
Soap: Tabac
Brush: Zenith boar
Razor: Rockwell 6S, plate 3
Blade: Astra SS
Aftershave: Nivea Cooling
Notes: Another great shave: Its obvious this blade will get me through February and beyond, but I’m now using a heavy hand. Thank goodness the Rockwell is a mild, forgiving razor. If I were using this same pressure with my tricky 1930s Otto Roth open comb, my face would be a bloody mess.

I was reminiscing the good old days of scrubby stubble and in a way missed it as well.
So, I went for a break from shaving and decided to go for a shave only when there is no love/ hate feeling with the stubble.

So, today I felt very neutral and decided to shave, it was a great shave.

Shave set-up for this week :

RazoRock BBS
Mitchell's
SOC Boar in Cherry
Gillette 7 O'clock Black (6)
Anherb ASC

The blade performed beautifully and provided easy BBS without any irritation.

I have successfully dialled in the sweet combination of efficiency and comfor with the gentle razor again.

Attachments

• IMG_20210226_134329.jpg
    IMG_20210226_134329.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 3
Merkur 11 Open Comb
Nacet Stainless (26)
Simpson Berkeley 46 pure badger
Tabac, face lathered
Jodian Medicated After Shave & Skin Conditioner (smells like Tabac)

Surprisingly smooth and comfortable two-pass shave. Almost switched razors to do Fatboy Friday, but I'm glad I stuck with the Merkur.

Friday, February 26, 2021

Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Bowl: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Brush: RazoRock 400 Aluminum Handle Plissoft knot
Razor: Rockwell 6S with plate 4
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless shave 20
Postshave: Hyaluronic Acid, CeraVe AM Moisturizer
EDT: Kouros

Top Bottom