What's new

Tweezerman is terrible

Hello all,
Started wet shaving about 5 months ago after finding this web site. Merz Apothacary in Chicago had a selection of razors and accessories and ended buying an EJ DE89 and then an Ikon 5 piece set. I also purchased a Simpson brush...and I've enjoyed shaving until last night. I ended up leaving my brush at a relatives over the holiday and bought a Tweezerman to tide me over until I got my Simpson back. That was a mistake. It shredded so many hairs and the brush was very uncomfortable. Luckily Merz let me return the brush and I got another Simpson S1. Thank you Merz.
Blake

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
They are meh for me, except WAY too small. Little Tweezy is just too miniscule for me. The price is nice but for a couple bucks more you can get a grownup size badger from Larry or off the bay. They doo have their fans, though. Similar to how the AMC Gremlin has a following, I guess.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
Most people upgrade from a Tweezerman to a nicer brush, I imagine going from a Simpson to a Tweezerman was a shocker.
Good on Mertz allowing the exchange.

They are meh for me, except WAY too small. Little Tweezy is just too miniscule for me. The price is nice but for a couple bucks more you can get a grownup size badger from Larry or off the bay. They doo have their fans, though. Similar to how the AMC Gremlin has a following, I guess.

I'm not sure what a tweezerman goes for these days, but you can get all kinds of boar under 25 , and even under 10

:ohmy:I seem to read a lot more threads here on B&B complaining about Simpson brushes shedding and being uncomfortable than I read complaints about Tweezerman brushes.

The Tweezerman was my first brush and I have a lot of affection for the Tweezy as a reminder of my early days of wetshaving. Its not a bad brush for the price. Its a little prickly at first but in time that prickliness goes away. I didnt have a big problem with shredding but it is a little small. In those days when I bought it there wernt the choices of low cost badger brushes available that there are now. It certainly is a large step down from a Simpson though.

I have had a Tweezerman for a few years and it has been a great brush for me. I have had no problem with any shedding. It took a while to get rid of the bad smell. I use it exclusively as my travel brush.

I use a tweezerman exclusively for bowl lathers. Definitely one of my favortie brushes. No shedding. A scritchy brush! Love it!

Mine lasted about two months. It was my first badger and worked great when I first got it. But the knot was not glued in properly, it shed lots of hairs each use, then the plastic coating bubbled and cracked off, then the brush cracked in several places, and then finally the knot lost hairs in large clumps and got tossed in the trash.

I'd much rather spend $10 on an Omega boar with a plastic handle than $15 on a Tweezerman.

I had a tweezerman for a while. Used it for a few times, then got rid of it. It shed way to much for me. It was worse than the VDH brushes I had.

I had one for about a year and used it off and on. i think the Tweez is a trimmed badger thus too scratchy for me. I piffed it with a starter kit.

I have had a Tweezerman and it is without a doubt capable of making lather for as long as it holds together. If you want a cheap brush go for boar, if you want a badger, pay for a real one.

:ohmy:I seem to read a lot more threads here on B&B complaining about Simpson brushes shedding and being uncomfortable than I read complaints about Tweezerman brushes.

Sure, but I guess one expects more from a Simpson than one does from a Tweezerman. I have a couple of Simpsons and love to use them and I once had a Tweezerman that I did not replace.

To me it was so scratchy and itchy the thought of that brush touching my face was scaring me...reminded me of a....oh wait this it a family forum....

I hated mine. I wasn't expecting much for less than $15, but it was just a terrible brush.

If you're looking for a decent budget brush, the Simply Beautiful line is pretty solid. I think I paid $12 on Amazon and the quality is surprisingly good.

Top Bottom