What's new

Tweezerman badger

Just got a Tweezerman brush in the mail today. I soaked it and cleaned it and hung it up to dry. I came back a couple hours later to find that the wood handle had split. Is there anything I can do?

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Return it to the vendor if possible. While repeated soakings will kill ANY wooden handle, a split after one soak seems too quick IMO.

Just for the sake of conversation, what is the grade of the badger hair? Im assuming pure badger?

I am having some of these issues with my tweezerman also, but definitely not after one soak. I am upgrading as you should. I am keeping it as a traveler now.

All wood handled brushes should be soaked only with the handle not touching the water. Having lost my first brush, a Tweezerman to soaking the handle, I feel your pain.

The better way to soak a wood handled brush is to use something such as a narrow diameter coffee cup, or jelly jar which allows the brush hairs to soak, but keeps the handle outside of the water.

If the handle is salvageable, you can reattach the knot using simple two-part epoxy.

Good Luck

Alas the mystery solved. I had to do the epoxy bit also. Thank you good sir.

All wood handled brushes should be soaked only with the handle not touching the water. Having lost my first brush, a Tweezerman to soaking the handle, I feel your pain.

The better way to soak a wood handled brush is to use something such as a narrow diameter coffee cup, or jelly jar which allows the brush hairs to soak, but keeps the handle outside of the water.

If the handle is salvageable, you can reattach the knot using simple two-part epoxy.

Good Luck

I definitely have better brushes than the tweezerman, but it came free with a custom soap mug I ordered. New brush on the way.

Top Bottom