What's new

Tvbshaving down?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask?
I have been trying to reach TVB for a couple of days now, but their website seems to be down.
Are they out of business or what's going on?
Just getting a message saying:

"Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at tvbshaving.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web."

Get a similar message with Opera and Chrome browsers too

It's down, hopefully for repairs. It wasn't working properly for months.

Thanks for the information :)

I'm interested in a Yaqi head and I believe TVB is the only retailer in Europe.
For a poor Swede it's too expensive to buy anything outside EU nowadays.

I'm sure it will be up and running soon. This isn't the first time they have issues.

How much extra would it be for a similar purchase from the Yaqi store on Alieexpress? Just curious, we (Canada) tend not to pay any tax on small purchases from China.

Yaqi also has a direct website in Australia with prices comparable to their Aliexpress store. In fact, just yesterday I received an email from them about how they've lowered their shipping rates (probably to not be outpriced the the Ali store and attract business outside of Australia).

How much extra would it be for a similar purchase from the Yaqi store on Alieexpress? Just curious, we (Canada) tend not to pay any tax on small purchases from China.

Since last year we have to pay an extra 25% VAT plus a minimum of 7,50 Euros handling fee for all items bought outside EU.
Lets say I buy a nice razor from China, USA or Australia, I pay 20 Euros plus shipping.
Now the Swedish postoffice and the customs will charge me a 25% VAT and a 7,50 Euro handling fee.
All of a sudden my 20 Euro razor will be 32,50 Euro plus shipping.

The Chinese www.wish.com is excluded, they have a deal with the Swedish postoffice and customs and the fees are included in their price.
Problem is that Wish does not sell Yaqi, just a few models of Baili, Ming Shi and one Weishi.

Since last year we have to pay an extra 25% VAT plus a minimum of 7,50 Euros handling fee for all items bought outside EU.
Lets say I buy a nice razor from China, USA or Australia, I pay 20 Euros plus shipping.
Now the Swedish postoffice and the customs will charge me a 25% VAT and a 7,50 Euro handling fee.

The Chinese www.wish.com is excluded, they have a deal with the Swedish postoffice and customs and the fees are included in their price.
Problem is that Wish does not sell Yaqi, just a few models of Baili, Ming Shi and one Weishi.
That is quite the tax! RAD in your country would be an expensive addiction. What about something mailed to you from outside of Sweden from family or friends? Just the 7.50 handling fee?

YIKES!! Do they tax you for breathing also?

Many European countries provide substantially greater public benefits, and thus require greater taxation. How one balances the benefits and drawbacks is a political matter well outside the realm of this wet shaving forum. I also imagine there's some good old fashion protectionism to benefit Swedish / EU businesses from competition from North America and China.

We Americans often take for granted our embarrassment of riches when it comes to wet shaving products' broad choices, easy availability and low prices.

Not sure if this is the right place to ask?
I have been trying to reach TVB for a couple of days now, but their website seems to be down.
Are they out of business or what's going on?
Just getting a message saying:

"Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site.

We can’t connect to the server at tvbshaving.com.

If that address is correct, here are three other things you can try:

Try again later.
Check your network connection.
If you are connected but behind a firewall, check that Firefox has permission to access the Web."

Get a similar message with Opera and Chrome browsers too
They are in the process of changing their host. Should be up again by Sunday.

On Swedish Postal service (PostNord) website it says (copied and translated via google translate):

"The Swedes like to shop cheaply from China, but now the rules are tightened. From March 1, VAT must be paid in from the first crown of the value of the goods before the parcels can be distributed. In order to cope with the management, PostNord is introducing a new fee.

Lack of VAT and low, sometimes non-existent, shipping charges have made it extremely cheap to shop for clothes and gadgets from China and other countries outside the EU. But now the rules are tightened properly. As of March 1, all postal items with a declared value will be taxed from the first krona. This means that an e-commerce mobile shell of SEK 40 will cost SEK 50 after VAT of 25 percent has been added. There is also a new fee of SEK 75, which PostNord charges for all items with a value of less than SEK 1,600.

- The fee will cover the costs with the new VAT management. Costs include salary to personnel, taxes, new technical equipment, spaces for storing items pending payment and return of items that are not collected, says Thomas Backteman, Director of Communications.

PostNord has developed the new system in just a couple of weeks after the Customs Administration clarified that it is PostNord's responsibility to ensure that VAT is paid in before the shipment is delivered. The challenge lies in the huge amounts of letters and packages that come to PostNord's letter terminal at Arlanda - on average 150,000 packages a day.

- Building a process that can handle the huge volumes we are talking about in just a few weeks has not been easy. But it is gratifying that we have jointly been able to find this solution, says Thomas Backteman."

The good news is that we don't have to pay anything extra if it's a gift.
So, if anyone of my Asian, Australian, Russian or American friends in here would by my a razor and send it as a gift it would be very nice ;)

^^ increased social spending, perhaps? :)

on a serious note, what happens if an item is marked GIFT and still has value written of, say, $20?

^^ increased social spending, perhaps? :)

on a serious note, what happens if an item is marked GIFT and still has value written of, say, $20?

Luckily some vendors in USA mark their packages as "gift" and send their items in an unmarked envelope/package, and then there will be no extra VAT or other fee to pay.
Problem with USA is that the shipping fee is too high, up to ca 20 bucks.

I have some Russian friends at FB and I have been thinking of contacting them to buy some Russian razors.
They can then buy some Rapira razors very cheaply in store and send them to me.

Previously, I have bought some sports equipment from Russia and the shipping cost has been quite ok, but with the new VAT rules it becomes too expensive to shop from there.
Then it must be sent as a gift and many Russian traders do not want to send as a gift, not yet.

I don't know you. You don't know me. Buy anything you want and send it my way. I'll send it in unmarked parcel/pack your way. I HATE THOSE FEES. I'm from Israel, cheers

I don't know you. You don't know me. Buy anything you want and send it my way. I'll send it in unmarked parcel/pack your way. I HATE THOSE FEES. I'm from Israel, cheers

Thanks a lot :)
I will keep your offer in mind next time I need something from abroad :)

Top Bottom