What's new

Turner Classic Movies

I am also enjoying 31 Days of Oscar. Of course, I love TCM and watch it as much as I can. I even get their Now Playing guide so I can plan my watching.

Currently watching The Guns of Navarone. Even though I've seen it at least 20 times, it is a great movie and I will continue to watch it whenever it is on. Gregory Peck, Anthony Quinn, and David Niven. Awesome!

Mildred Pierce. You just gotta love that L.A. noir! Plus I live in the same suburb where the story takes place.

That's cool Robert! There has been so many great movies this month!

It seems there were so many artistically good movies made during the 30,40,50,60 and even the 70's that were of a caliber that few of our movies are today.

That's cool Robert! There has been so many great movies this month!

It seems there were so many artistically good movies made during the 30,40,50,60 and even the 70's that were of a caliber that few of our movies are today.

So true, I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to remake Casablanca, oh the horror. :eek:

Oh, come on, you know Sean Penn and Britney Spears would be great in it............

excuse me, while I heave.........

Indeed. There will never be another Ingrid Bergman :o10:

Ilsa: I wasn't sure you were the same. Let's see, the last time we met...
Rick: Was La Belle Aurore.
Ilsa: How nice, you remembered. But of course, that was the day the Germans marched into Paris.
Rick: Not an easy day to forget.
Ilsa: No.
Rick: I remember every detail. The Germans wore gray, you wore blue.
:a14:

We love TCM in my home. I love WWII movies, or classic horror (right now Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde is on) and mystery/suspense, especially Hitchcock. My girlfriend is always on the lookout for old Barbara Stanwick films, especially the pre-code ones.

TCM is a great resource for movie fans...not only are the movies presented without interruption, Robert Osborne always gives some small tidbit of information about the movie that never fails to be interesting. With a DVR you can always find something interesting at all hours of the night.

Nathan

Oh yeah. My favorite line from those old movies...when Bette Davis says to some guy, "I'd kiss you, but I just washed my hair." Must be some way to relate that to shaving...

It's 1:00 A.M. and I'm trying to stay up and watch Golden Boy. It's from 1939 and William Holden and Barbara Stanwyck are so young that I hardly recognize them. A younger Lee J. Cobb also.

I don't think I'll be able to stay awake for all of it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
So true, I remember hearing a rumor that they were going to remake Casablanca, oh the horror. :eek:

Well, they did a remake-sequel to the remake of the Pink Panther, so obviously the current crop of Hollywood execs have no shame.

Top Bottom