What's new

Turn n Shave Shoat Knot

You stated you ordered an unbleached shoat knot. I especially like unbleached knots. Do you know are all of Milton's shoat knots unbleached, or are you specifying when you order? Or are you referring to unbleached as a shoat knot that is not treated for gelling?

Your picture showing the shoat knot between your two Zenith brushes, what Zenith brush did the unbleached knot on the right come out of? Did it come from the Zenith white plastic-handled unbleached brush, chrome unbleached brush, or olive-wood unbleached brush? May I ask what is the approximate loft of the unbleached Zenith on the right in your picture? And finally, may I ask what sized shoat knot you purchased & the overall height of the shoat knot? I really like the handle you put the unbleached Zenith into, it looks great!

Thank you for your time.
Oops, I should have said "untreated," not un bleached. I wish it was as the Zenith unbleached is my favorite boar. My unbleached Zenith (on the right in my pic) is set at about 60mm in a custom RV handle. I tried to set it with a bit less loft than it had in its plastic white Zenith handle, but I'm not sure I succeeded.
The shoat knot I've received is a 26mm plug and it measures about 70 or 71mm from bottom of plug to the tips. So, I expect it will be about a loft of 60mm after I set it.

Last edited:
I've received an untreated shoat recently. It appeared to be extremely stiff but today I soaked it for a half hour and did a palm lather alongside (left) my daily shave. I was very surprised at how it lathered first time. Looking forward to using it.
Imagepipe_23.jpg

I've received an untreated shoat recently. It appeared to be extremely stiff but today I soaked it for a half hour and did a palm lather alongside (left) my daily shave. I was very surprised at how it lathered first time. Looking forward to using it. View attachment 1359982
Great to hear! I have an untreated shoat in bound, maybe this weekend? Looking forward to seeing how it goes, for both of us! I have been only synthetic until last month, when a member here gifted me a new SOC boar, which softened up nicely in a week.

My plan is to have a couple of brushes for Decemboar!

Top Bottom