What's new

turdie

Hi,
I'm turdie(my nickname) from Holland, and already shave with a safety razor for 5 years. I use a Muhle R41 with Feather blades, because I have a very heavy beard. For soaps I really like the Proraso pre-shave and the Striling Ecalyptus, also the Proraso with shaving cream is one of my favorites. I'm now looking into buying a straight razor, already own a shavette, but don't like my shavette(Parker SR1). I also have a Edwin Jagger best badger shaving brush. I buy from ebay because that saves me some money compared to the prices of the webshops here in the Netherlands.
Hope to have a great time here!

Hi,
I'm turdie(my nickname) from Holland, and already shave with a safety razor for 5 years. I use a Muhle R41 with Feather blades, because I have a very heavy beard. For soaps I really like the Proraso pre-shave and the Striling Ecalyptus, also the Proraso with shaving cream is one of my favorites. I'm now looking into buying a straight razor, already own a shavette, but don't like my shavette(Parker SR1). I also have a Edwin Jagger best badger shaving brush. I buy from ebay because that saves me some money compared to the prices of the webshops here in the Netherlands.
Hope to have a great time here!

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Do not be shy about joining in ANY of the conversations and meeting the members.

We're all good friends here on B&B

Welcome to the club. glad to have you aboard. Be sure to ask your questions in our Straight Razor forum. the gents there will be best able to advise you.

If you are curious about straight razors, I suggest you look at the main page of the Maggard's Razor web site. Brad Maggard traveled to Solingen Germany and toured the workshop of Ralf Aust. Brad's report of the visit will give you a good idea of what goes into making a straight razor. Ralf Aust is known for making some great razors at a reasonable price. Many straight razor enthusiasts (including me) recommend them for newcomers. Since you are based in the EU, you should be able to find sources for the razors over there. There are other brands you might want to consider as well.

Some folks recommend purchasing vintage razors, but since they usually need to be honed before you use them and often require some form or restoration, my opinion is they are better left for a little later in your journey.

If you are curious about straight razors, I suggest you look at the main page of the Maggard's Razor web site. Brad Maggard traveled to Solingen Germany and toured the workshop of Ralf Aust. Brad's report of the visit will give you a good idea of what goes into making a straight razor. Ralf Aust is known for making some great razors at a reasonable price. Many straight razor enthusiasts (including me) recommend them for newcomers. Since you are based in the EU, you should be able to find sources for the razors over there. There are other brands you might want to consider as well.

Some folks recommend purchasing vintage razors, but since they usually need to be honed before you use them and often require some form or restoration, my opinion is they are better left for a little later in your journey.

Thanks, I'm very interested in straight razor, thanks for the tips! I just decided to buy a custom razor made by Koraat Knives. If anyone knows more about Koraat Knives, I would love to hear their opinion on it.

Top Bottom