What's new

Turbocharge your Parker Shavette!

OK, so you're a straight razor user, and the idea of using half a DE blade in a Parker Shavette makes you feel a bit squeamish, as if you're being unfaithful or something...

Well, fear not, my brethren! I'm here to light a candle, not to curse your darkness!

Being that you are a Manly Man, you no doubt have a set of tin snips laying around your garage/bathroom/livingroom/bedside table.

Well, you take them there tin snips and cut an 1/8" or so off of each end of a Feather or KAI blade of your choice, be sure to also bevel the ends! And then load that bad mamma-jamma into your Parker, and lo and behold! The pins that hold the lowly DE will now space the Feather blade out just right (I can't say if it'll Lights...).

Viola! Now, enjoy your shave!:thumbup1:

---Parker loaded with DE

---Tools of modification

---Parker loaded with Feather

Attachments

• $loaded with DE.jpg
    $loaded with DE.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 879
  • $tools of the trade.jpg
    $tools of the trade.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 875
  • $turbo shavette.jpg
    $turbo shavette.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 848
It says "Cut the pinky toe of those rustic eastern Norwegians, specifically those west of Oslo."

Seriously, on the outside next to the moon and the star, to the left of where it says hygienic quality it reads transliterated "Town Shure." I'm guessing that is the name of a company, I'm not sure. Right above the razor, where the blade is inserted it says "Ekseyur Kuwala," if I'm not mistaken, although it's a bit hard to read. Once again, I have no clue what that means.:

Edit: D'oh, I just realized that this is in Urdu. It says "Export Quality" in English, but written in Urdu (which uses Arabic script). That also explains that crescent and star, which is the symbol on the Pakistani flag.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
It says " if you can read this while shaving you are too close to the mirror"

OK, so you're a straight razor user, and the idea of using half a DE blade in a Parker Shavette makes you feel a bit squeamish, as if you're being unfaithful or something...

Well, fear not, my brethren! I'm here to light a candle, not to curse your darkness!

Being that you are a Manly Man, you no doubt have a set of tin snips laying around your garage/bathroom/livingroom/bedside table.

Well, you take them there tin snips and cut an 1/8" or so off of each end of a Feather or KAI blade of your choice, be sure to also bevel the ends! And then load that bad mamma-jamma into your Parker, and lo and behold! The pins that hold the lowly DE will now space the Feather blade out just right (I can't say if it'll Lights...).

Viola! Now, enjoy your shave!:thumbup1:

---Parker loaded with DE

---Tools of modification

---Parker loaded with Feather

It sure looks great. Does it shaves better with say a clipped Kai Mild than with half a Feather DE blade?

With cutting the blade with the tin snips did you have to hone or grind at all at the edges that were cut? I would have thought it would have damaged the edge in those places.

With cutting the blade with the tin snips did you have to hone or grind at all at the edges that were cut? I would have thought it would have damaged the edge in those places.

I did give it a few swipes on the DMT600 to round them off a bit more.

Even though it says made in India on the razor, my friend from India assures me that the writing is Pakastani, and the razors are instead made in Pakastan. They put made in India on it because its more desirable to say its from India instead of Pakastan.

It sure looks great. Does it shaves better with say a clipped Kai Mild than with half a Feather DE blade?

Used the razor all this past week while travelling (no issues at security), I used both half Shark DE blades and a KAI Mild. Both blades work extremely well. I do like Feathers, but found that the one I had tried previously left me with a tad of after shaving discomfort. The Shark and the KAI were all good.

The language spoken in Pakistan is Urdu.

Even though it says made in India on the razor, my friend from India assures me that the writing is Pakastani, and the razors are instead made in Pakastan. They put made in India on it because its more desirable to say its from India instead of Pakastan.

Mine has the corny "Hygienic Quality" in cursive on the side. No cool foreign script! I wish I had gotten the black one.

I really love the rescale, though. One day I'd like to do something like that to mine (if I knew how).

Yeah how'd you get the neat new handle on that? Mine tells me that it is from India and it is hygienic, which to me is kind of a joke.

Top Bottom