What's new

Tulip 2 or 3 for Face Lathering?

At present, I have only a T3 in Manchurian, but a Super is on the way, should be here probably next week.
Cheating on yourself? 🤪 Cool that you use a bunch of brushes other than your own.

The $119 T3 is a no brainer IMO. Mine is fantastic.

Interested to compare it to one of your badgers once I can get at my US PO Box. @SgtCrppls recent enthusiasm for your brushes is contagious!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Cheating on yourself? 🤪 Cool that you use a bunch of brushes other than your own.

The $119 T3 is a no brainer IMO. Mine is fantastic.

Interested to compare it to one of your badgers once I can get at my US PO Box. @SgtCrppls recent enthusiasm for your brushes is contagious!
I do have a quite a variety of brushes from other makers, big ones, small ones (makers). Waiting on a Varlet right now as well.

I vote for the Tu-chubby2-lip.

I have a Chubby 2 Best, but haven't spent a lot of time with it yet.

I picture the Tulip 3 Super as having the diameter of a Chubby 1 Best, a little softer tips, less dense, a slightly higher loft than a Chubby 2 and with a little less backbone (which would be fine).

I have a Chubby 2 Best, but haven't spent a lot of time with it yet.

I picture the Tulip 3 Super as having the diameter of a Chubby 1 Best, a little softer tips, less dense, a slightly higher loft than a Chubby 2 and with a little less backbone (which would be fine).
The Tulip 3 handle is as wide as the CH2 but taller and more ergonomic IMO.

I'm looking at a buying either a Tulip 2 or Tulip 3 in Super for face lathering. I was wondering what the flow through and experience is like compared to the Duke 2 or Duke 3 in Best?
I own the Duke 2 and 3 in best and a Tulip 3 super. All 3 are amazing but if I could only keep 1 of them it would be the Tulip. I haven’t tried the Tulip 2 but if the knot is similar to the T3 with a slimmer handle, I’d take the slimmer handle.

I used my Tulip 3 super for the first time today after shampooing it and leaving it full of lather overnight.

I love this brush. The handle was comfortable to grip, it was very soft on the face and a lather machine with a B&M soap. When I find a good price on a Tulip 2 sometime I am all in.

Unless my eyes are mistaken, I think it might even have a tulip flower pattern to the very outer bristles. I could also be making that up too and it’s really a variation that comes with being made by hand :). Either way I’ll take it.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard the expression “Don’t put bacon on your hamburger, it will ruin regular hamburgers for you forever”. Well, my Tulip 2 Super is the bacon on my hamburger. I was happy with my Simpson Colonel in Best for years then WCS had a sale and I was able to get my Tulip 2 for a good price. A few shaves in and I knew that this was a special brush that was going to ruin a lot of other brushes for me. Glad you’re enjoying your Tulip 3. Hope the love continues.

I’m not sure if you’ve ever heard the expression “Don’t put bacon on your hamburger, it will ruin regular hamburgers for you forever”. Well, my Tulip 2 Super is the bacon on my hamburger. I was happy with my Simpson Colonel in Best for years then WCS had a sale and I was able to get my Tulip 2 for a good price. A few shaves in and I knew that this was a special brush that was going to ruin a lot of other brushes for me. Glad you’re enjoying your Tulip 3. Hope the love continues.

The very soft Super combined with the loft and density was very luxurious feeling. It was also nice and warm from the brush scuttle. Perfection.

Top Bottom