What's new

Tudor Pelagos???

Hey All...

Tell me your opinion AND experience with Tudor. Really...specifically....the Tudor Pelagos. ***Not the Black Bay..nor others. Just the Pelagos. Thanks!!
1614121888947.png

My opinion is not of much value in your personal watch selection, but I mostly like it. I have never been drawn to the snowflake hour hand but it is very readable at a glance so I might like it if I ever saw it on my wrist. I like the titanium case and hour markers. I like it more than the black bay.

Always wanted a Tudor Pelagos. To me it marks you out as someone of taste, and not willing to follow the crowd. Great looker, and a super time piece.

I say this as someone who does not have either a Rolex or a Tudor. Omega is my best watch to date.

I want to like it very much but cannot help but feel that Rolex is manipulating the market and driving people to buy Tudor as they cannot/will not/have not produced "enough" stainless steel watches, particularly sports models for the 3rd holiday season in a row.

I say this knowing that the Pelagos is titanium, has an in house 70 hr movement, and is COSC certified. In fact, I would say is beats the Submariner on many vectors, is 4k cheaper retail and 7k+ cheaper street price right now easily. Its dial set and geometry are unique to Tudor such that you will not see many in the wild nor will it be mistaken for an Invicta.

I concur I would go with this over a Black Bay.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Definitely cool. I like the vintage look of the hands. The brand had never grabbed me however. I was interested in a vintage piece years ago and didn’t get it. I agree with @dojpros about Rolex and the ss market. It’s pretty ridiculous but I’m not sure they are doing it to drive people to Tudor. All things considered if you like it @Cohiba go for it. I see one for about 3700. Kinda hard to beat. It’s definitely a cool
Look IMO.

Not specific to this model but I can't get over titanium as a watch material.

I love the color, the technical properties and all that stuff that makes it a cool material for knife handles. But on the wrist it feels like a cheap toy...

I like it. The larger size but light weight keep it very balanced. The blue is almost too blue for me though. I like the LHD color pattern a bit more.

It has a tough fight against the Omega Seamaster though IMHO. The Pelagos isn't quite as striking and refined. As a tool watch it competes more with Sinn or Seiko and there its price is a big limitation. Still, were i looking at 42mm divers the Pelagos is high on the list.

No point comparing it to a Sub, you couldn't get one anyway [emoji14]

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I think titanium is a wonderful watch case material. The slight blue tinge gives it a visual dimension not found in stainless steel. As for its weight, you'll know it's there--especially as a dive watch on a bracelet. It may be relatively light in weight, but it is certainly not weightless, in, say, the way aluminum watches often seem.

Also, Tudor has garnered quite a following in the past twenty or so years and is no longer regarded as Rolex' poor relation. It is a brand that now stands on its own and offers real value to those seeking fine Swiss watchmaking. Just look at the secondary market: people are paying handsomely for pre-owned Tudors.

I vote you buy and enjoy!

I really wanted to like this watch and I really wanted to buy one. Then I went to a dealer and actually tried on one of the black variants. Somehow the watch on my wrist just didn't "speak" to me. There was just something about the largish case dimensions and feel of the titanium that I found a bit off. It was really too bad because it was a decent deal (used). No regrets about not pulling the trigger. Sticking with my Seiko SKX007 for the moment which I still find to be more pleasant to wear.

Hopefully your experience will be different. It is a really nice watch on paper.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I really wanted to like this watch and I really wanted to buy one. Then I went to a dealer and actually tried on one of the black variants. Somehow the watch on my wrist just didn't "speak" to me. There was just something about the largish case dimensions and feel of the titanium that I found a bit off. It was really too bad because it was a decent deal (used). No regrets about not pulling the trigger. Sticking with my Seiko SKX007 for the moment which I still find to be more pleasant to wear.

Hopefully your experience will be different. It is a really nice watch on paper.
Skx007 is a fantastic piece. I’ve been tormenting myself looking at seikos. I.e. the 1968 diver among other models.

Top Bottom