What's new

Tube O' Soap: which are the best?

Man, how far out of favor have the old British standbys fallen that after years of servicing us wet shavers when no one else was, that no one has even mentioned good old Geo F. Trumper?
A tragedy to be sure. Once upon a time the Creighton's creams reigned supreme. I still find GFT to be a among the finest tubed creams available and their scents are divine.

I have almond, coconut, and GFT, all wonderful to use and to sniff. I hear great things about the Violet and the rose as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

A tragedy to be sure. Once upon a time the Creighton's creams reigned supreme. I still find GFT to be a among the finest tubed creams available and their scents are divine.

I have almond, coconut, and GFT, all wonderful to use and to sniff. I hear great things about the Violet and the rose as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I’m a rose fan. GFT though... oh yeah.

I am interested in recommendations for the best performing soaps that come in a tube format. Also, is there a 1:1 correspondence between the hard soap and cream in a tube (the same brand) in terms of performance? Thanks in advance. I plan a two week trip and a tube would be much more convenient to pack along. (I am not too crazy about sticks)
I have a tube of the Palmolive original. Reminds me of the stick (Irish spring scent?). Unfortunately, I just didn't care much for it (or the stick). Had high hopes as it has a huge fan base here.

If you are interested, I'll send you the tube. It is banished to the box of useless shave supplies. [emoji846]

Man, how far out of favor have the old British standbys fallen that after years of servicing us wet shavers when no one else was, that no one has even mentioned good old Geo F. Trumper?
I'm using some GFT Rose right now, and really enjoying it! There's some Proraso Red waiting in the wings...

Also Proraso white seems to be quite good for shave protection and feel (the whole one time I ventured to use it). However, the scent to me is unappealing. It's like a citrusy pumpkin guts scent. Not my cup of tea.

Top Bottom