What's new

Trying to narrow down my final choice, need the experts to chime in

Well, @Quaznoid, @MaineYooper, and @garyg

I learned so so so much over the last week, both about SE razors, but more importantly about the vintage schick injectors. After doing tons of research, I became fascinated by all of the different types; it was so interesting!

I am now awaiting the arrival of my newly purchased Schick Injector Type G, Variant 3, Style 6 (Amber Handle)!

I could not be more excited!

View attachment 1604654

Thank you to everyone who took the time to contribute to this thread. I appreciate all of the help, advice, and input. This was fun!
I guess one more question, are these the right blades 😂

81frbQ8Y6RL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
Use only the Schick blades in the yellow package (Chicks).
They got the nickname Chicks because they are made in China...Get them.
What does "E, G, or J" mean?
The earliest Schick injectors were more aggressive than ones made in later years.
An "E" is more aggressive than a "G".
A "G" is more aggressive than a "J".
A "J" is more aggressive than an "L".
Then there are the adjustable injectors so you can dial the aggression up or down.
I learned so so so much over the last week, both about SE razors, but more importantly about the vintage schick injectors. After doing tons of research, I became fascinated by all of the different types; it was so interesting!

I am now awaiting the arrival of my newly purchased Schick Injector Type G, Variant 3, Style 6 (Amber Handle)!

View attachment 1604654

Thank you to everyone who took the time to contribute to this thread. I appreciate all of the help, advice, and input. This was fun!
I think you will be very happy with your choice. I myself have a couple of E2's.
I guess one more question, are these the right blades 😂

View attachment 1604691

Yes. :cornut:

Have a Great Shave

~doug~

Well, @Quaznoid, @MaineYooper, and @garyg

View attachment 1604654

Congratulations! Good choice

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I just inherited two of my mother's Schick razors: a G4 and a G8. I did buy two sets of 7 bladed... Schick and Ted Pella Personna. I haven't used them yet.. but they are cleaned and loaded up to try.

I've had two of the razors under consideration -- the Leaf Twig and the RR Hawk v3. Actually, I have the standard base plate in the Hawk, so that's not exactly what you're considering. But I can say that I much prefer the Hawk I have, to the Twig that I gave away. The blade in the Hawk is much stiffer than any DE blade you would use in the Twig. And since the Hawk is CNC machined from marine-grade stainless steel, it should prove to be much more durable than the Twig. If you decide to go with the Hawk I also recommend the Shick Proline blades. I got a number of different SE blades from Try-a-blade and finally decided on the Prolines. If I remember correctly, I liked the Feather Professional equally well, but the price difference settled the question for me. One nice thing about the Hawk is that you can get one of the other base plates down the road at a pretty reasonable cost.

I ordered a Hawk V3 A with barberpole to try out. Also Schick proline and Kai pinks to try with it. Haven't used a SE before but have been impressed with RazoRock quality and value so was an easy decision. I love their lupo dc and superslant. My Wr2 1.15 DC is in the mail so I probably won't get to the Hawk right away until I've tried the Wr2 awhile. This thread and others on the Hawk are great info but feed my RAD haha. The A plate sounds perfect, but it's great RR has the other base plates too. Will be fun to try out a SE.

Top Bottom