What's new

Trying to get the best out of the Geo F Trumper Coconut shaving soap.

Good afternoon all.

I thought I'd give the GFT Coconut soap another chance today. I tried 'blooming' it as suggested to me and used the bare minimum amount of water on my shaving brush. The lather was slightly better but still not great. Used it with my Gillette Fusion Skinguard razor to avoid any mishaps.

Never mind when it runs out I'll get the Coconut in the form of a cream instead.

Jason.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
As I posted on a previous GFT thread:

You have to load MUCH heavier than you would ever think a rational soap should require..... ;)

Then load more. ;)

Then load more after each pass. ;)

Works better if you Bowl lather.

Once I started doing that, I've never had an issue getting a very nice lather. Very good post shave face feel. :cool:

Sorry I missed that you had tried the GFT soap, I had been wanting to see how that would go for you. It was a very thoughtful gift, but it is too bad she didn't get the cream instead. As I was typing, I helpful post appeared above my head. If you are going to use a bowl and load heavy, you may have to hold the soap container at an angle above the bowl and let the suds drop in then try building the lather. I wonder if there are any hacks like glycerin that might work? 🤔

As @never-stop-learning said, load like crazy. I had very good experiences with Rose and Violet (sorta like Betty and Veronica, 😉) and the one thing I did was load for 40 seconds. I still got 5 months out of the soap too, so don’t feel bad about it. I was face lathering with great success, but I’m sure that bowl lathering would be just as successful. I only used as much water as I needed to get the lather consistency on my face that I like. The lather was rich, slick and very stable.

I’m guessing you have a different ingredient list than the three pucks I was gifted in 2009. Never had an issue lathering two of them and I am holding the third. AFE8ED07-2E52-4F8C-BDA0-21C897E31E86.jpeg
And it still smells amazing!

Last edited:
There's 2 brand of soaps I've never been able to lather, Trumper and Chez and Speak. As if they were the same.
I grated both and mixed them with a good cream, both produced excellent product then.

As @never-stop-learning said, load like crazy. I had very good experiences with Rose and Violet (sorta like Betty and Veronica, 😉) and the one thing I did was load for 40 seconds. I still got 5 months out of the soap too, so don’t feel bad about it. I was face lathering with great success, but I’m sure that bowl lathering would be just as successful. I only used as much water as I needed to get the lather consistency on my face that I like. The lather was rich, slick and very stable.
This (Insert up arrow here).

Use less water to start.

Load. Load. Load. Load. Load.....and Load some more.

Face lather. Ditch the bowl.

Go back to the puck if needed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom