What's new

Trying to find a good blade for my Dart razor

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
I shaved with the Dart yesterday and got a great shave. I had a Wilkinson Sword (German) blade with three shaves on it with different razors. Each shave was smoother than the one before. Normally I don’t go beyond three shaves with a blade. For the heck of it I tried that blade in my Dart and wow. It was a close comfortable shave. Now I plan to try the Dart with a new Wilkinson blade to see if I get the same great shave. I will also use the same prep and soap. I used Proraso white prep before and white balm after(not shown in photo).

F34D1C42-CF92-4648-87BD-B4C48357D61C.jpeg

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Tried the same setup with a new German Wilkinson. The results were darn near as good as with the older Wilkinson. That Fine soap is some good stuff too.

Brilliant work - at last you found the true nature of the Dart...! I LOVE this razor. It is the most efficient DE that I have, (even moreso than the Blackbird, though you must take more care,) and gives the most satisfying shaves of all, with the longest BBS. I recently started using a Rapira Platinum Lux in it, which has been a dream. Personna Blues also good, and Rapira Swedish Supersteels and Super Stainless.... So glad you did not give up.....! And - if you can find any of the old FINE hard-pucks, they are also wonderful soap.... (made in the same now-defunct factory as Tabac.)

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Brilliant work - at last you found the true nature of the Dart...! I LOVE this razor. It is the most efficient DE that I have, (even moreso than the Blackbird, though you must take more care,) and gives the most satisfying shaves of all, with the longest BBS. I recently started using a Rapira Platinum Lux in it, which has been a dream. Personna Blues also good, and Rapira Swedish Supersteels and Super Stainless.... So glad you did not give up.....! And - if you can find any of the old FINE hard-pucks, they are also wonderful soap.... (made in the same now-defunct factory as Tabac.)
I have a few of the older Fine soaps. They are among my favorites.

Top Bottom