What's new

Trying to find 80's something

Hi all,

I recently got a bottle of Truefitt and Hill's "Spanish Leather".
It reminds me a lot of the cologne my late father used to wear in the 80's (i vaguely recall something about paco rabbane...not sure).

What would be a popular 80's scent similar to this T&H?

Cheers and happy 2022!

M

Member 113878

I don't know this one, but Sung Homme is a great leathery chypre, and not expensive.

Hi all,

I recently got a bottle of Truefitt and Hill's "Spanish Leather".
It reminds me a lot of the cologne my late father used to wear in the 80's (i vaguely recall something about paco rabbane...not sure).

What would be a popular 80's scent similar to this T&H?

Cheers and happy 2022!
I have the Spanish Leather from Truefitt & Hill, and also have some other 80's era colognes which are similar. Zino Davidoff and Jovan Sex Appeal are close to T&H Spanish Leather. Something else which is in the same style which I own would be Lagerfeld Classic. FWIW, my nose does not pick up any leather in the T&H, just spice, amber and wood. Still, T&H Spanish Leather is a winner!

Last edited:
I have the Spanish Leather from Truefitt & Hill, and also have some other 80's era colognes which are similar. Zino Davidoff and Jovan Sex Appeal are close to T&H Spanish Leather. Something else which is in the same style which I own would be Lagerfeld Classic. FWIW, my nose does not pick up any leather in the T&H, just spice, amber and wood. Still, T&H Spanish Leather is a winner!
Thanks. Yeah, its not leathery at all. I think the name stems from the strong perfumes used to de-odor the otherwise repugnant leather.

Top Bottom