What's new

Trying to figure out some barrel markings.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I have an Aramberri "Star Gauge" 20 gauge that was made in 1971 and imported by Interarms. I bought it in 1972 or 1973 and used it for a couple years until moving around the US kinda put all my shooting on the back burner.

Lately I wanted to get back into shooting so got the old shotguns out and gave each a Spa Day. That's when I noticed something that I likely should have research 40 years ago.

Looking at the barrel markings each barrel is marked 15.6 15.8.

The star stamping is * and *** for full/mod.

Why do both barrels show the same 15.6 15.8 stamping if the chokes are really different?

Star Gauge1-small.png

You might try shotgunworld dot com. They're the B&B of shotguns. I'll bet someone over there would know something.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
You might try shotgunworld dot com. They're the B&B of shotguns. I'll bet someone over there would know something.
It's posted in the Spanish shotgun sub-forum but so far no explanation. I wonder if the smaller number that is imprinted towards the muzzel end is the initial bore and the larger number that is printed towards the chamber end might be the chamber diameter. That would possibly explain why the choke designations are different.

BUT, I simply don't know and have not found any reasonable explanation online.

Top Bottom